• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Barrel, nut, and recoil lug showed up today. Decided to soft attach them. Still need to square the face and am waiting for the new bolt body and face to headspace.

IMG_1626.JPG

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Decided to do a little bit of work while my kid takes a nap today.
    Turns out I need a sharper cutter.
    Put the trigger back in, and tested. My 110 is now a top bolt lock.
    Now to get to cleaning up the ugly looking cut.
    (Mind the dirty work bench, I'm bad at cleaning up)

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    Looking good, builds are so much fun. PM me if you're ever looking for another place to shoot, I've got 500 yards set up at our farm west of Kendallville and would be nice to have someone come out and shoot so it would make me get my stuff together and start shooting again.

Every time I see a Palma rifle like Sloughfoot's I drool and think I'd love to shoot Palma!!!

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    The next piece of the puzzle just arrived on my desk this morning :)
    PTG Bottom Metal should arrive later this week, then it is just a wait for the stock to show up...

IMG_1647.JPG

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Well, I forgot to take some pictures. On Saturday, I squared the face of the action and corrected an issue with the muzzle crown.

Last night I decided to work on the stock inletting and ran into a major issue. My vice does not have enough horizontal travel. Additionally, it appears that the stock is too tall to fit in my vise. So I have to figure out a to hold it in there.

IMG_1680.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1680.JPG
      IMG_1680.JPG
      123 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    A little bit of progress tonight... I've got a baseline for the depth of the vblock now. Need to take a couple measurements to get the proper trigger depth and will finish inletting for the block.

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Sorry no pictures for this update...

Last night I finished inletting for the vblock and drilled the pillar holes. Ran into a little bit of a problem. Either for barrel channel was not cut perfectly square, or the forehand of the stock is not straight.... Either of these are an easy fix at this point. I will try and get some pictures tonight.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If you run into a problem that you cannot resolve or make sense of, contact Norm Meredith. He understands the magic that goes into riflestocks and is also a club member.

My pitiful lack of knowledge recognizes that rifle stocks are not straight all the way through, depending on their intended use, but still must be straight in certain areas of the stock.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    If you run into a problem that you cannot resolve or make sense of, contact Norm Meredith. He understands the magic that goes into riflestocks and is also a club member.

My pitiful lack of knowledge recognizes that rifle stocks are not straight all the way through, depending on their intended use, but still must be straight in certain areas of the stock.

Cool thanks. The area where this isn't straight will not mess with the performance, it is just going to be an aesthetic annoyance...

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    A picture of some slow progress....
    As a side note, the issue with the barrel channel has been resolved. It looks like the hole that was drilled for the rear action screw from the factory was offset to one direction. This should not be a problem to fix.

IMG_1700.JPG

Top Bottom