Bug A Salt and autism were made for each other...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My daughter and flies have been at war for nigh on 19 years.....until she became verbal we had no idea...anything flying around causes stress...lots of stress and what we called, "moments"....at about age 13 she began stalking and killing them when they'd get in the house....she got good...very good...

The other night I was watching YouTube and came across the Bug A Salt gun...I told her to Google it and see if she thinks it's something she'd want to try...

The next morning she came downstairs and said, "I saw some videos of the Bug A Salt...I'll give it a try..."

So I bought one...then two...then the Shredder...then a couple of Crosman Vigilante's I reloaded for salt....

It took her a minute to use it...her first forays into something are always a challenge...but she persevered...the other morning I noticed she wasn't in the house...I looked out the kitchen window and saw her hunting flies.....she loves it and the peace she gets from it is amazing...Me????

Oh I am a roach killer extreme...with my Shredder and my Vigilante's I put a hurt on the roach population in the backyard and garage.... 1688654424467.png

If you have not tried one of these give it a go....mucho fun and joy... 1688654414614.png

God bless... 1688654401590.png

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    2nd. I hate flies and I'm not fast enough to kill them with a swatter.

This thing is amazing. I refuse to wait until a fly dies or flies out of my house when it's tired of being there.

Also - really happy your daughter can find some peace with it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Wait...does this mean I'm autistic...

What is it about hunting hapless small vermin to soothe the mind? I watch our cat staring at a chipmunk hole for hours, focused intently but without another care in the world, and laugh at him. But are we really superior?

That looks fun. What is propulsion on that thing?

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Our chiweenie is TERRIFIED of “sky raisins” (anything that flies), likely because she got stung by a “spicy sky raisin” (a bee) a few years back. She runs and hides under the bed when she sees one in the house. So I hunt them down for her with my Bug-A-Salt. I friggin’ love the thing, one of the best purchases I’ve ever made, bar none! I’m not great at shooting them out of the air yet. They need to make one with a stock, or maybe I need to buy one to modify myself… :D

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    we had a swarm of flies in our garage and they all congregated on the side door window. Had to be at least 100 of the sky raisins. While I was out one day my son decided to spend some quality time with the bug a salt shooting that window. He took care of them but I also park my firebird next to that window which got covered in salt that ricocheted off the window. I wasn't too happy cause polished aluminum wheels and salt don't mix but at least the flies were dead LOL

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Our chiweenie is TERRIFIED of “sky raisins” (anything that flies), likely because she got stung by a “spicy sky raisin” (a bee) a few years back. She runs and hides under the bed when she sees one in the house. So I hunt them down for her with my Bug-A-Salt. I friggin’ love the thing, one of the best purchases I’ve ever made, bar none! I’m not great at shooting them out of the air yet. They need to make one with a stock, or maybe I need to buy one to modify myself… :D
    If you add a stock to it do you need a tax stamp?

JonN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    IN
    First time I ever used or saw one was in our guides lodge in S.D. during pheasant opener. Never seen more flies than in mid October in Winner, SD.

Needless to say the evenings get interesting after dinner and cocktails when someone pulls out the Bug A Salt!

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    I've been using one for a few years now. They're extremely effective on flies, but gnats and mosquitoes...it's hit or miss.

I intentionally fired it at my foot once. That kind of sucked but I got over it. You definitely don't want to fire this in anyone's face.

Top Bottom