• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just watched a TV news story on Channel 4 (CBS) regarding stray rounds fired in Hendricks County near Brownsburg that penetrated residential dwellings. I predict this will not bode well for future rural shooting on private property. I am curious if anyone caught the same news story and if there is any proposed activity regarding restricting firearms use in the county ?

My apologies if this has been discussed in another thread.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If you click here the guy building the range is on INGO and you can catch up on the other side.

Edit: Changed the link to the first page. And sorry I didn't mean to imply that, just the fact it's in the thread.

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sounds like the work of ISIS to me. We'll need a full scale Dept. of Homeboy investigation to rout out these "terrists".

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Sounds like the work of ISIS to me. We'll need a full scale Dept. of Homeboy investigation to rout out these "terrists".

Perhaps easy to make light of this issue until politicians see fit to abolish any "rural" private property shooting in Hendricks County. Disclaimer - I am not a Hendricks County resident. Once a precedent is set I can envision other highly populated counties following suit. And then not so highly populated. (See Parke County). Call me paranoid or pessimistic if you will - I believe history will reveal I am more of a realist.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    A .30 cal trapped in a double pane window? Sounds like it's coming from quite a distance away if it was stopped by a double pane window.

Edit:: Just read the story. Two miles?! Wow! Sounds like someone needs to reassess their range.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It sounds like the Sheriff may be in favor of not allowing people to use their property as they see fit even if it doesn't endanger others.

When he was running last year I checked out his website, not a word about the 2nd Amendment. By contrast, his opponent (also republican) Steve Wagoner went out of his way to voice his support of the 2nd Amendment. The people got what they voted for.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Many years ago,there was a similar "problem" that hit the courts in Oklahoma-----the lady said that "someone"(later found to be an old boyfriend)was shooting at her house-----she provided "evidence" that was found on her property (later found to be bullets her father brought home from WW11)---------she had a kid shoot her house with arrows,removed then replaced with the WW11"bring-back bullets"---------------she won the case against the guy------2 years later the kid spilled the beans--she was fined for "false testifying",but the ban on shooting in that county was never lifted
    Once its "on the books",its hard to remove......

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    When he was running last year I checked out his website, not a word about the 2nd Amendment. By contrast, his opponent (also republican) Steve Wagoner went out of his way to voice his support of the 2nd Amendment. The people got what they voted for.

No worry's with the new and current sheriff. He is GTG on anything 2nd amendment even though he did not mention it during elections. Probably no mention because Hendricks is very pro 2nd minus some of the newer city dwellers that have moved out here. They are still way out numbered.

Top Bottom