• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    Seriously considering buying a Buckmark. Gander has a Hunter with 5.5" barrel. Curious if anyone has shot this gun with scope and what they thought of it compared to other Buckmarks.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've never shot one. But they're fantastic pistols as are just about everything with the Browning moniker.

You can get an after-market light weight aluminum barrel, too. Even threaded for the addition of a suppressor.

And you can also do much better than Gander Mountain's price if you shop around a little. I can almost guarantee that!

-J-

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have the "practical" and I like it a lot. It's really comfortable and more accurate than any I have shot at this kind of price. I wouldn't want a scope on mine though. But a suppressor would be really cool.:twocents:

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have the Browning Camper Whisper. Best .22 pistol I have ever owned. I like the threaded barrel to pop the suppressor on. Very accurate out to 200 yards.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Better prices online or IN shops?

Both.

But buying online you'll generally have to pay both shipping and the transfer fee once it gets to your FFL. This can certain eat into any "savings".

Plus you'll not be helping a local shop out.

And if you go local shops... I only know of one shop that's higher than Gander Mountain.

-J-

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    As other have offered, Gander Mountain charges a premium for their guns. The Browning Buckmark is an excellent and fun little pistol to shoot. I have one and when we go shooting, everyone wants to plink with it.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Buckmarks are ok but highly suggest the Rugers instead, I had a Buckmark hunter and the top screws would come lose at the range and drove me nuts. Thousands of rounds later love my Rugers!

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I think the feel of the buckmark for me is way better than the ruger. I am sure they are both great guns and both can be had for a fair price and great service at 21st century firearms in Bluffton. I have bought both a ruger and a buckmark there, good luck on your purchase.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    My Buckmark has served me well for over 20 yrs until the extractor broke off. Contacted Browning but got no answer yet.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I went to Bradis and held the Buckmark, held the Ruger, held the Buckmark, held the Ruger. I bought the one that felt the best in my hand. Got a fair deal on it too.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Ive been through several Rugers, and yes they are nothing but amazing...
    My biggest complaint is the take down, it has always been a challenge for me.

I purchased an Browning Buckmark about a year ago...
    simply awesome! Picked it up at Gander as a standard Camper.

As someone who "tinkers" I had to start...well...tinkering!
    Here she is...

Cant say enough about the Buckmark, sold all my Rugers and currently shoot Browning!

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    I went to Bradis and held the Buckmark, held the Ruger, held the Buckmark, held the Ruger. I bought the one that felt the best in my hand. Got a fair deal on it too.

I agree completely. Especially with the different grip types of both guns. And try the 22/45. I know lots of people like them but they just don't feel right in my hand.

Top Bottom