• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Great review! I have an older buckmark target with hooded sights that is a blast to shoot. Stock vs stock, i prefer it to the ruger. I think the ruger is the better gun for modification though, the aftermarket support for the ruger is much better.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Great review! I have an older buckmark target with hooded sights that is a blast to shoot. Stock vs stock, i prefer it to the ruger. I think the ruger is the better gun for modification though, the aftermarket support for the ruger is much better.
    That is the way it must be for the Ruger since you get such a poor pistol out of the box.

Not much, if anything, is needed to improve upon a factory Buckmark.

Some, but not very much, purple is implied ... maybe lilac in color ... too bad I can only choose plum from the color palette.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have no dog in the fight about brands, & my experience is limited having owned only about 4 Brownings & 7 Rugers.
    I sold a Mark 4 last summer & sold another just days ago, but my Browning is still in the safe.

Interestingly, I have had two Mark 3s that have been stellar, better than any Mark 4s I've had.
    One I bought off Aeroflyer that had a Volquartsen barrel & trigger work that was as accurate as my SW 41, so I really can't count that "liquored up" Mark 3 & I traded it for something else I wanted.
    I picked another Mark 3 up from Zackcz maybe a year ago & it shoots better than about anything I've got as well.
    I have wondered if the Mark 3 series is inherently more accurate than the Mark 4 due to design.

I've tried to learn what Aeroflyer tried teaching me about keeping what I like to shoot instead of "accuracy" be the all-in-all.
    Sold the Glock last weekend b/c I'd rather shoot the Sig 226-22 as an example.
    But the Browning Buckmark Hunter Target gun is still in the safe.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    That is the way it must be for the Ruger since you get such a poor pistol out of the box.

Not much, if anything, is needed to improve upon a factory Buckmark.

About the only upgrade any Ruger MK series I've owned needed was a trigger job and that was for one hand bullseye shooting. I doubt very many competitive bullseye shooter would be satisfied with an out of box Buckmark trigger. As for Ruger being a poor pistol out of the box , could not disagree more.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Is the buck mark too much gun for a first time gun owner, I have never shot one , but a friend says that’s what he wants. Would that spoil him?
    I've enjoyed the Buckmark: 4", 5.5" & 7.25" barrels.
    I have bought nearly every .22LR handgun in the past few years sorting through them just for fun.
    I wish I would have started out with a Buckmark.

Top Bottom