• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hope Elon and Tucker have their sixes well covered. Lots of high-profile politicians are not going to be happy about this.

You go, Tucker. And be careful out there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is going to get really, really good… Really quick.
    Well. I’ve been following TC on Twitter for a long time as I try to follow the newsmakers to stay informed. But I just turned on notifications for Carlson because I’m actually interested in what he has to say now.

I love that he picked twitter because that’s the platform everyone is on. It’s not a right wing outlet where only one perspective is present. People can push back in a visible way. I think this is going to help push twitter into a viable paid content platform. I hope it destroys Youtube, or at least relegates it to the place where old ladies entertain themselves with funny cat videos.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fascinating synopsis of potentially where Tucker is heading.

“$40 million is a decent chunk of change. No question, that’s a lot of money Tucker would be leaving on the table if/when he’s able to get out his contract.”

“Here’s the thing, though: He’ll make much, much more by taking his show to Twitter, which opens up multiple revenue streams for him. It’s a model that could easily be replicated by others, with top cover being provided by Elon Musk himself. And it’s a model that would be a reckoning for the establishment media, with all-important ad dollars leaving cable and broadcast news (does that even still exist?) and migrating to independent platforms and creators.”

“First, there are sponsorships. If we use the CPM (cost per one thousand) model, Tucker could easily command a best-in-class rate of $40 from advertisers (and there are plenty looking to support free speech!). That’s $40 for every one thousand listens, views, or downloads. We know that his two recent Twitter videos garnered millions of views and his show averaged around three million viewers, so we can safely estimate a Twitter viewership of at least two million (and that’s probably low). That means Tucker could charge $80,000 for each ad he reads during the show. And he would likely do at least three ads per show, and possibly more, bringing the daily total to $240,000. You can see how he could quickly and easily surpass his Fox News earnings just on sponsorships.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Dumbasses don't understand. The freer the speech, the more people there are to "police" what someone says. I think they're just pissed because they see a future that doesn't include them. Old netword media is going to die. It's on its last breath.

Youtube should take note. A social media company with the reach of twitter, that hosts videos, allows subscriptions, monetization, AND pretty much stays out of your business, will be quite competitive with Youtube. And I really don't see how Patreon can survive once Carlson shows everyone how to make money slinging content on twitter. Youtube will be the California and twitter the Florida of social media.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So with FNC doing the progressive thing by scuttling Carlson, and CNN doing the anti-progressive thing by giving Trump a platform, pissing off all the progressives, will FNC become the new CNN? Will CNN become the new FOX News?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    “NBC’s reaction to Tucker Carlson’s Twitter show announcement: “Will anybody be able to police what Carlson says or is this the point? It’s just a free for all?”

They really have forsaken even the pretense of belief in the first amendment…
    Yep they are so far gone to realize what they are saying. "Policing speech" should be an alarming phrase to anyone that embraces the concept of a free society.

Top Bottom