• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This has not gotten the traction I expected it to have.
    I guess jealous nut job shooting buddy's over girl is not tragic enough.

Folks' reservoir of emotional outrage is finite. There's only so many things people can be angry/scared/sad about, for limited amounts of time. Right now, people are worried about ebola and it seems like that has started to wane. This shooting didn't have enough body count or a compelling enough story to fuel a outrage for very long.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't think this would get much traction. Is the MSM going to criticize the Native American father for his gun storage methods? Not likely. There could be some cultural consideration that the media isn't aware of and then they would really be in deep do do. Plus, I had heard at one point, that everyone shot was from the same tribe. How does the PC liberals deal with that? Just way to complicated for them to go near. Then there is no EBR and the handgun used was not a Glock so who really cares. If you can't report on the Glock why report.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Folks' reservoir of emotional outrage is finite. There's only so many things people can be angry/scared/sad about, for limited amounts of time. Right now, people are worried about ebola and it seems like that has started to wane. This shooting didn't have enough body count or a compelling enough story to fuel a outrage for very long.

And no youngsters were randomly shot.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Have you guys looked at any of these kids Twitter accounts? I am ashamed for them and their parents.....if I had 13-14 year old kids talking like that I would go Adrian Peterson on em! They have no respect for themselves. This is why my kids were not allowed to have boyfriends until they were 16-17 years old.....all that drama does nothing but create problems, children don't understand that.....it is our responsibility as parents to teach them! Rant over.

How many of you look at your kids Twitter accounts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have you guys looked at any of these kids Twitter accounts? I am ashamed for them and their parents.....if I had 13-14 year old kids talking like that I would go Adrian Peterson on em! They have no respect for themselves. This is why my kids were not allowed to have boyfriends until they were 16-17 years old.....all that drama does nothing but create problems, children don't understand that.....it is our responsibility as parents to teach them! Rant over.

How many of you look at your kids Twitter accounts?

This is a direct result of poor to no parenting skills. People have become lazy and preoccupied. Parenting is the hardest thing a person can take on and the most important thing they can ever do.
    A young couple t the Halloween party last night let their 7 year old daughter talk to them with disrespect. It sets my hair on fire. I asked them about it in a very casual way. They see nothing wrong. Society is generating its own demise.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'd bet that the anti's have been ordered from above to keep a low tone and not stir up the pro-gun community until after the elections.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Teens have always felt like the world is against them.

It seems a few more today than in the past believe that they are so important and other's lives are so unimportant that killing is an acceptable response to pain.

Culture of killing for convenience, no eternal significance to life, pushing "love yourself" as the greatest value......never could have seen this "trend" coming.
    I agree with your logic. Seems about right to me.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It doesn't tick the fear box of random violence. This isn't the Aurora Shooting where people were attacked when going about an innocent past time. This was the result of a quarrel between different individuals. So the media and MDA can't spin this as terror come to suburbia and that anyone could be next.

I'd like it more if the general public was just getting sick of the media vultures reporting for revenue instead of facts, and the gun control advocates waving the bloody shirt every time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And the predictable @zz has weighed in in the comment section...

You mean because he essentially said "what part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand"....like I've heard on INGO many times?

The commenter is​ probably an ass, but we believer in gun rights need to think about what we say and whether we really mean it, sometimes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You mean because he essentially said "what part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand"....like I've heard on INGO many times?

The commenter is​ probably an ass, but we believer in gun rights need to think about what we say and whether we really mean it, sometimes.

Except gunowners don't suggest (even facetiously) that teachers should be armed with molotov cocktails or bombs, etc.. I get that it was sarcasm, but also a prime example of the strawman fallacy.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    They need to stop posting all of the usual "Anti-gun" articles and STOP posting this kid's name. It just further rallies the other kids that are struggling and think this might be their only way out with the attention they crave.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    And the predictable @zz has weighed in in the comment section...

Nah, not that one, this one:

Hey that kid has second amendment rights!! Obviously we just need to arm all the faculty with Molotov cocktails.

I don't think that was seriously meant as a 'what part of infringed don't you understand' response...

Top Bottom