• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I AM NOT ADVOCATING THIS, but if this were another business you would have several people calling for an organized open carry event. I wonder what would happen if one were to be organized.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And how do they continue to sell so many guns when people object to the sign?

Well, either the majority of people don't care about the sign, or if they do they care about prices more than their principals.

Me neither. Must be an Indy thing.

I think it is. Before I moved to Indy I'd seen exactly one. It was in some hole in the wall in Jeffersonville that opened in a strip mall for a little while. It frankly befuddled me when I got here. Like a "pedestrians only" sign at the entrance to a car dealership.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I AM NOT ADVOCATING THIS, but if this were another business you would have several people calling for an organized open carry event. I wonder what would happen if one were to be organized.

I say you should lead the way and see. Why not advocate it, but post the suggestion?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been quoted a few time before, but I'm QFT again. Well said.

Do they even have a sand barrel out front? I haven't been in quite a while, so don't recall.

I am saddened that a group that is so vocal, and capitalizes on our support, has behaviors that are so contrary.

No sand barrel but there is a discharge site. A steel ( I assume ) box with a port in it.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We all have seen too many threads about being sweeped at "x" gun shop. Bradis is a high volume store and not a small shop. Big shops and little shops are both great in my book and deserve their niches in the market place. I have done business with Bradis and have never had an issue with them. That being said you can't differentiate the two businesses. You should receive the same level of service and courtesy from both stores. They are both owned by the same peeps. It sounds like the op was acting in a safe manner but was technically violating the rules. At the very least he should have been asked to follow the signs instructions in a respectful manner. As I stated previously they are a high volume gun shop. I have no issue with the sign being there. I have seen my share of jack legs there. Last time in I saw a guy with blue cammo cut-off shorts and a drop leg. Nobody questioned him or asked him to leave. However, if his douchebaggery went farther than his dropleg I would want the employees of the store to point to a sign and say please remove your self from the store until the only threat is your empty drop leg holster. Without the sign you have nothing to point to. I am sure the op failed the db test and probably should have been left alone.

I don't open carry but if I did I would buy a gun from a shop that has a sign that says do not carry a loaded weapon. If I chose to violate the signs rule I would still buy if I was asked in a respectful way to honor the stores wishes.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I say you should lead the way and see. Why not advocate it, but post the suggestion?

Because I have never been to bradis II, and have nothing but good things to say about bradis one. It was merely a comment about some of the hypocrisy of some of the members on this board. And I am not sure I have a stance one way or another. I disagree with the signs, and esp the enforcement of them, but its still private property so its their rules. If I were someone who frequented these shops I would probably be more interested.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Just about all gun stores have a similar sign on the door. Most do not enforce, I've been in Bradis several times with a 1911 on my hip and not problems.
    If the man behind the counter asked you to unload the gun you might have had the courtesy to leave the store unload and then re enter.
    If Bradis has decided to enforce their no loaded gun rule I would guess there is a good reason.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    NHE-16347_600.gif

Most of the gun stores I go to have one of these! I have never been to a gun store where they tell u that u can't carry

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Your right. I'm not into the whole OC event thing but i have no problem boycotting braids until an official explanation, change in policy is given. If not ill gladly not go back.
    it is funny how there's a double standard.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    But I haven't been there since ive been going to US defense solutions in greenwood and saving money. Also beech grove firearms. Much more friendly and not cash motivated customer service like bradis.
    i agree there shop there rules, but after that I'd never go back either.

Your right. I'm not into the whole OC event thing but i have no problem boycotting braids until an official explanation, change in policy is given. If not ill gladly not go back.
    it is funny how there's a double standard.

So, you don't go to Bradis, but you will refuse to go there until an official explanation is given? Why would they care about you boycotting them since you don't even shop there?

I would think Bradis would be just as "stand up" about this as they have in the past. Hopefully the OP will report back if anything happens.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just about all gun stores have a similar sign on the door.

Negative. I've been to many many gun stores in my life, and very few have a 'no loaded guns' sign. Many have a sign that guns presented for trade must be unloaded, but few have an outright ban on loaded firearms.

Just in the Indy area you have the following shops that I personally know don't have such a sign:
    Indy Trading Post
    Beech Grove Firearms
    US Defense Solutions
    Elmore's
    The Outdoorsman

Outside of the Indy area I've only see the one store with such a sign, and I've been visiting gun stores around the southern part of the state since Kiesler's (now Orion Arms) had .45 for $7 a box.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Or alternately, just go to one of the multitude of local gun stores that don't have a 'no loaded guns' sign at all. If you don't trust me with a holstered gun, you shouldn't sell me one. There's plenty of alternatives that have no sign at all or have a sign that says something like "leave it holstered if its loaded".

I agree with others: If you can not trust the people who buys the goods and uses the services of your business, then you are doing wrong buy selling your products to these people whom you do not trust.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I used to live about 15 minutes away from there. I think I've only ever bought some ammo. I never liked the place all that much, better gun stores in that area IMO.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Last thread that I remember questioning Bradis had its titled changed to just Bradis after a few days. Will be watching this thread.:shady:

Just a point of SOP here-- but when I was a Mod it was our policy to not allow any "-1 Gun Shop" or "+1 Gun Shop" titles in this subforum. The title had to simply have the gun store's name listed. If this practice wasn't followed by the thread-starter, we would correct the title.

So you would notice such a change with ANY "-1 Gun Shop" thread, not just the one you referenced.

Here is the rule for you that keep score: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.html

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Negative. I've been to many many gun stores in my life, and very few have a 'no loaded guns' sign. Many have a sign that guns presented for trade must be unloaded, but few have an outright ban on loaded firearms.

Just in the Indy area you have the following shops that I personally know don't have such a sign:
    Indy Trading Post
    Beech Grove Firearms
    US Defense Solutions
    Elmore's
    The Outdoorsman

Outside of the Indy area I've only see the one store with such a sign, and I've been visiting gun stores around the southern part of the state since Kiesler's (now Orion Arms) had .45 for $7 a box.

This has been my experience as well. And if I intend to try out holsters, I unload my gun before I go in.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ive bought from Bradis, Ive bought from PSS, and Ive bought from Elmores...all within the last two years. Ive never had any issues at any of those shops. I do remember the "No loaded firearms" sign outside Bradis I, and the "No firearms allowed" sign outside Bradis II, but will be honest...I must have missed the "No firearms" sign at PSS, because everytime I go in there, Im carrying. I even had to eject the magazine out of my SP2022 to show the clerk to see if the unpackaged magazine he had was in fact the right one...and never had anything said to me.

Outside of the lack of products at Bradis II (which I really cant complain too loudly as no one had alot of reloading stuff at the time), and the serious drive there from Greenfield, Ive never encountered a problem there.

Im sorry to hear that the OP had a bad expirience. I suppose its kinda like the sales clerks at wallyworld sporting goods, and the clerk gets tired of being berated by numbnuts because they dont have what the numbnuts is looking for. Very doubtfull the OP was doing this, but the situation could have been a result of this kind of scenario. Just saying.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Thread was originally posted elsewhere. Moved to appropriate subforum and title edited to be in compliance with the subforum.

Explain to me why the thread was moved, and the title edited!

The OP was about Bradis II, which is NOT a gun shop, if you think different, try buying a gun there, can't be done. Bradis I on the other hand is a gun shop and this thread is not about that gun shop.

Yes I read the sticky, and it says "gun shop" which Bradis II is not.

I also understand that it is not my forum or a democracy, and I accept that.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom