• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Having taken the day off, the wife and I decided to hit all of the LGS's in search of a new EDC for her because she has been having trouble with the grip width on her PT140 due to her small hands and carpel tunnel. I was OC my SR1911 Commander, and we started out our search at the stores with ranges to see if there was anything in their rental fleet that suited her. At one of the stops she was able to rent a gun she really liked, but the shop didn't have one in stock, so we continued our search, but now with a specific item in mind. Our 4th stop of the day was Bradis I, and just like the first 3 stops, I got a few comments about the "Body piercing by: Model 1911" Tshirt I was wearing, but no one said anything other than what model 1911 is that you are carrying. They happened to have the gun we were looking for, a Taurus 709, in the case, so after looking it over and getting a trade price offer on her PT140 pro, we decided to walk over to Bradis II and look around while we talked over the impending purchase, since I had cash in pocket, and was planning on buying the gun if she really wanted it. Shortly after entering Bradis II, a man behind the counter ask if my 1911 was loaded, and when I replied yes, he "told", not ask, me to go and unload it. When I replied that I do not unholster or handle my firearm in public for any reason, he told me to "GET OUT", so we left Bradis II got in our car, went to another store, and purchased a new Taurus 709 EDC for my wife.

Yes I did see the no loaded gun sign, it looked a lot like the rest of the ones I had already seen today including the one on the door of Bradis I where I was planning on making a purchase.

Yes I get it, your store, your rules, and I complied. But considering it is a 30 minute drive past other stores in the first place, I will not be back.

For anyone carrying and shopping at Bradis I, don't go over to Bradis II, because you will be ordered to get out.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Where should I start? You're entering their store. Their property rights, their rules. Leave or get hauled out for tresspassing. You violated a policy posted on the door, were confronted and given a choice to proceed, you declined and were asked to leave. What's the problem?

OC is the problem in this circumstance I think ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For anyone carrying and shopping at Bradis I, don't go over to Bradis II, because you will be ordered to get out.

Or alternately, just go to one of the multitude of local gun stores that don't have a 'no loaded guns' sign at all. If you don't trust me with a holstered gun, you shouldn't sell me one. There's plenty of alternatives that have no sign at all or have a sign that says something like "leave it holstered if its loaded".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I brought more popcorn than you did! :p

popcorn.jpg

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Where should I start? You're entering their store. Their property rights, their rules. Leave or get hauled out for tresspassing. You violated a policy posted on the door, were confronted and given a choice to proceed, you declined and were asked to leave. What's the problem?

OC is the problem in this circumstance I think ;)

No problem, just warning other shoppers at Bradis I, not to go to Bradis II if they are carrying.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I wonder how that would have panned out if he answered, "I don't know, never looked.". If asked to unholster to verify, iterate his position of leaving holstered unless the situation is life threatening.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yes I did see the no loaded gun sign, it looked a lot like the rest of the ones I had already seen today including the one on the door of Bradis I where I was planning on making a purchase.

Hmm.. I didn't see in your OP where you justified being treated differently than anyone else.. Did I miss that?

Any kettle corn left?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've never been to Brady's cause its not in my neck of the woods but I remember a recent thread very similar to this one. I think it's awesome that almost everyone in this thread is eating popcorn while there are 5 threads multiple pages long about a COFFEE shop that allows but discourages carry. Where is the outrage? Why is Starbucks held to a higher standard than a gunshop? Where are the boycotts? The nasty letter campaign? This is the INGO gun shop of the year and you can't even carry there?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Or alternately, just go to one of the multitude of local gun stores that don't have a 'no loaded guns' sign at all. If you don't trust me with a holstered gun, you shouldn't sell me one. There's plenty of alternatives that have no sign at all or have a sign that says something like "leave it holstered if its loaded".
    There is a reason that I've purchased four or five guns at a nearby shop instead of Bradis.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom