billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    he told me to "GET OUT",

When I am told to "Get Out" of ANY retail establishment, that's is what I will do--AND--I will NOT spend a dime there again.
    With that kind of Customer Relations, I will also tell anyone that I know not to spend any $ there.

For ME--I have no problem sending+spending my money elsewhere..Bill.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Hmm.. I didn't see in your OP where you justified being treated differently than anyone else.. Did I miss that?

Any kettle corn left?

Not looking for any justification, just interesting how I was treated different in the 2 stores. I was in Bradis I for about 10 minutes, went out to my car to get a potential trade, came back in had a good conversation with the sales person, wondered around for another 5-10 minutes and no one said a word. I was in Bradis II about 45 seconds and told to get out.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    We hate on every other business that bans the carry of guns, but for some reason, some LGS's get a pass around here...
    I personally would rather shop where they ask me what I'm carrying, out of curiosity and to spark conversation, not to tell me to GTFO.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Or alternately, just go to one of the multitude of local gun stores that don't have a 'no loaded guns' sign at all. If you don't trust me with a holstered gun, you shouldn't sell me one. There's plenty of alternatives that have no sign at all or have a sign that says something like "leave it holstered if its loaded".

^^^This! An anti 2A sign of any kind doesn't deserve any of sharpetop's hard earned money. I don't give a damn if the gun I plan on buying is the only one this side of the Mississippi! Screw um!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    When I am told to "Get Out" of ANY retail establishment, that's is what I will do--AND--I will NOT spend a dime there again.
    With that kind of Customer Relations, I will also tell anyone that I know not to spend any $ there.

For ME--I have no problem sending+spending my money elsewhere..Bill.

^ This. They can ask you to eave politely without being a jerk. But should a gun or ammo store ask a licensed gun owner to remove his sidearm? It is a dumb*** anti-2a move if you ask me. Bradis needs to take a lesson from BGF, who have one of those brilliantly worded signs on their door that all INGO'ers would approve of.

I will also add that I was offended by Bradis II's no gun sign when I went there for the first time last month. But what was worse was the complete lack of any reloading stock--no powder, no primers, none at all. And, they said it would be months before ANYONE had any. That was a lie because a week later I bought 8 pounds of powder, and thousands of primers elsewhere. So I don't see any need to go back to Bradis II. This reflects negatively on Bradis I.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Whoops! The OP attacked the cool crowds favorite store. :popcorn:
    Yep, here comes the dog pile as always happens here. You criticized part of the good ole boy network.
    ive always carried with one in the pipe in bradis with no problems. But I haven't been there since ive been going to US defense solutions in greenwood and saving money. Also beech grove firearms. Much more friendly and not cash motivated customer service like bradis.
    i agree there shop there rules, but after that I'd never go back either.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Where should I start? You're entering their store. Their property rights, their rules. Leave or get hauled out for tresspassing. You violated a policy posted on the door, were confronted and given a choice to proceed, you declined and were asked to leave. What's the problem?

OC is the problem in this circumstance I think ;)

The Starbucks guy just said he didn't want us to carry in Starbucks anymore.... Lets all go buy some coffee

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Which employee at B2 did you deal with?

I've never told anyone to leave the shop (B1) for violating our no loaded firearms policy, so long as the gun remained holstered. I can't speak for how the other side of the house is run, but I'm sorry that someone over there chose to deal with the situation in a less than diplomatic manner.

I will be sure to mention this thread to my boss, and to the employee in question.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've never been to Brady's cause its not in my neck of the woods but I remember a recent thread very similar to this one. I think it's awesome that almost everyone in this thread is eating popcorn while there are 5 threads multiple pages long about a COFFEE shop that allows but discourages carry. Where is the outrage? Why is Starbucks held to a higher standard than a gunshop? Where are the boycotts? The nasty letter campaign? This is the INGO gun shop of the year and you can't even carry there?

Bradis 1 is the INGO Gun shop of the year. Bradis 2 has developed a bad rep for being anti carry. I personally consider them different stores. I spend a lot of time in Bradis 1 with a loaded and visible pistol holstered with nary a peep from anyone in there. And if you ask Shooter521 the sign is more of a guideline than a rule and I have never seen the sign enforced in B1.

I rarely step foot in B2 unless they happen to have cases of ammo at decent prices, which they have not for sometime now and every time I have been in B2 I was CC, so I spend my time and money in B1. It sucks though because Lisa is an awesome lady and I used to really enjoy talking to her. But she spends most of her time in B2 now.

I really do hope they get the issue straightened out.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I was out of town right before hunting season last year and asked my wife to take a H&R 357 to Bradis to see if they would mount a scope and bore sight it. I had purchased the scope from them several week before. She was treated rather poorly and they were not very helpful.
    I shop other places now.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've never been to Brady's cause its not in my neck of the woods but I remember a recent thread very similar to this one. I think it's awesome that almost everyone in this thread is eating popcorn while there are 5 threads multiple pages long about a COFFEE shop that allows but discourages carry. Where is the outrage? Why is Starbucks held to a higher standard than a gunshop? Where are the boycotts? The nasty letter campaign? This is the INGO gun shop of the year and you can't even carry there?

It's hard to argue against this. I've never heard of anyone being asked if their guns were loaded in Bradis before. I wonder if someone was having a bad day or something?

I'm a huge advocate of voicing my concerns to the individuals with whom I have issue. I wonder if the OP talked to management, though?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to admit not going in there for a long time. No ammo to speak of it II and just not real comfy in I. No real issues just not my store. Everyone save for 2 people are very short and blunt. Always seem to be too busy to deal with you one visit and the next they are cordial enough.
    Store of the year for reason I am sure and not knocking the place just not my store of choice.

Besides, I always seem to find better pricing elsewhere. Not on line either.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have to admit not going in there for a long time. No ammo to speak of it II and just not real comfy in I. No real issues just not my store. Everyone save for 2 people are very short and blunt. Always seem to be too busy to deal with you one visit and the next they are cordial enough.
    Store of the year for reason I am sure and not knocking the place just not my store of choice.

Besides, I always seem to find better pricing elsewhere. Not on line either.

Bradis is my preferred gun shop. I like MOST of the people in there. I will admit, there is one there that I cannot stand. I refuse to deal with him on any sale.

Now, as far as the "no loaded guns" sign. I have never been to a gun shop that didn't have that sign.

Bradis.
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies.
    Premier Arms.
    Crawfordsville gun shop. (Tactical something or whatever)

I always ignore the signs, since I CC anyway.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom