• ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    you betcha

You are right that a lot of LEO act like they are better than the general public. They seem to forget that they just like everyone else are only 1 phone call away from becoming a criminal. I am a LEO and don't understand why they seem to always have a chip on their shoulder. They even act that way towards me because I am a Jail Deputy. I am required to take the same training and carry the same equipment. The only difference is that they get paid a lot more and get a take home vehicle

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I dunno, I know several LEOs of both types. My local gun shop here in Delphi (Diamond V, used to be K&C Guns) is run by a retired LEO from the city, and he's as nice as can be. The first time I went in there he didn't know me from Adam and he spent quite a bit of time talking about inventory, talking shop, you name it..

Heck, one of the big city LEOs that I know is so cordial and friendly, they call him Officer Ned Flanders!

There's a few on the other side of the fence, too, though.. I try not to discriminate, let them dig their own personal grave if they want :)

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I dunno, I know several LEOs of both types. My local gun shop here in Delphi (Diamond V, used to be K&C Guns) is run by a retired LEO from the city, and he's as nice as can be. The first time I went in there he didn't know me from Adam and he spent quite a bit of time talking about inventory, talking shop, you name it..

Heck, one of the big city LEOs that I know is so cordial and friendly, they call him Officer Ned Flanders!

There's a few on the other side of the fence, too, though.. I try not to discriminate, let them dig their own personal grave if they want :)

Agreed

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Bradis is OK, some times you will find a good deal on used guns. I still think for new guns PPS is the best place. At Bradis I like to deal with Walt. Have know him a long time and he might go in to to much detail, he is truthful.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    At last count I have purchased over 70 firearms from Bradis since 2000. I ALWAYS get a friendly "hello" when visiting my friends at Bradis. If I have any complaint, it would be that Bob and his wife have the same taste in collectable guns that I have. ie; Old Colts, M1's. and Lugers. I rarely get a chance at them. And if you have a rare Ruger, Simon1011 is a sucker for them! LOL

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I'm looking for a M&P 9c and called Bradis to see if I could get the same deal that I recently got being that I somewhat got pushed into getting the last gun I got from them and was a little let down on the response I got. The price was quite a bit higher than I was expecting. I'll try and do some negiotiating as I was really happy with the customer service that I have had previously with them.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    being that I somewhat got pushed into getting the last gun I got from them

Not quite sure how to read that - are you saying you got "pushed" into buying from Bradis, or that the salesperson at Bradis "pushed" you into buying a gun?

but you have to ask, otherwise you will pay the sticker price.

Well, yeah. That's what the stickers are there for. ;) But we do try to keep our "sticker price" on new guns competitive.

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    + 1 on Bradis. All I can compare them to is Don's (ewww) and Gander Mtn (super expensive), but they sure are nice folks and their prices are much better.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Not quite sure how to read that - are you saying you got "pushed" into buying from Bradis, or that the salesperson at Bradis "pushed" you into buying a gun?

Neither, more hypothetically speaking than anything.

I purchased a M&P compact from them, It had a awful trigger feel and felt like a malfunctioning trigger. I returned the gun to them with ease which made me happy but was "forced" (Not by a salesperson,nor verbally, but was told that I'd have to wait for them to order me one if I didn't get one then) to move to the full size model because of them not having a compact model. I don't hold anything against them for it as the demand is hard to keep up with at this point in time. But I do believe it would a nice ethic to sale me another gun for the same price (same gun as I had to begin with). :dunno:

Overall, I'm happy with them. First gun shop I've been to that don't act like your stealing from them and will actually carry on a conversation with you. I even sent 2 friends up there that bought 2 handguns from them after my purchases. :rockwoot::yesway:

Top Bottom