• ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Why do people vote liberal? I like a quote attributed to Tom Clancy:

“The general difference between conservatives and liberals is that liberals like pretty pictures and conservatives like to build bridges that people can drive across.”

Liberalism sounds better, nicer and who doesn't like free stuff? Long term consequences aren't part of the considerations.

My personal peeve is people that leave a liberal state for a conservative state because of a deterioration in living standards but then vote for the same polices in their new state.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Why do people vote liberal? I like a quote attributed to Tom Clancy:

“The general difference between conservatives and liberals is that liberals like pretty pictures and conservatives like to build bridges that people can drive across.”

Liberalism sounds better, nicer and who doesn't like free stuff? Long term consequences aren't part of the considerations.

My personal peeve is people that leave a liberal state for a conservative state because of a deterioration in living standards but then vote for the same polices in their new state.
    Clancy did stay in the wonderful liberal mecca of Maryland until he died.

I'm a believer that most liberals don't leave liberal States, they leave big liberal city's for smaller Conservative city's within the State and then start changing them. Conservative's move to different States.
    I'm from Maryland, Montgomery Co, Bethesda exactly. I moved because of the Taxes and my never ending Rights being further eroded.
    I'm watching it happen again, here in Indiana.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Since Hogsett and Mears were re-elected, it makes me think the majority of Marion County voters like the "soft on crime" policies. Are the majority of voters criminals or family members of criminals?
    They haven't been re-elected yet. They won the primaries for their races. The election is in November. We can only hope common sense wins this year but I won't hold my breath.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Big city dwellers vote for liberals. Even when the liberals do nothing positive. Sadly, that's just the way it is. Here on the "Sunnyside" everyone who can afford to, lives here, rather than Louisville. I hear a steady stream of first hand accounts of what a bottomless pit is located across the river from commuters. That's in addition to what the local news stations allow to be reported. Just today the local news reported that the chief of police in Louisville admitted that there is a gang problem! What a joke. There has been a gang problem there for many years! How many businesses, especially restaurants, are being investigated for laundering money for the cartels? The answer is crickets!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Big city dwellers vote for liberals. Even when the liberals do nothing positive. Sadly, that's just the way it is. Here on the "Sunnyside" everyone who can afford to, lives here, rather than Louisville. I hear a steady stream of first hand accounts of what a bottomless pit is located across the river from commuters. That's in addition to what the local news stations allow to be reported. Just today the local news reported that the chief of police in Louisville admitted that there is a gang problem! What a joke. There has been a gang problem there for many years! How many businesses, especially restaurants, are being investigated for laundering money for the cartels? The answer is crickets!
    Hooray "War on Drugs"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let's coddle the violent criminals, but make really tough laws against scary-looking guns and make those with concealed carry permits (who tend to be among the MOST law-abiding and non-violent citizens) unable to use their permits when they cross an arbitrary county line boundary.

WHY did people re-elect this guy...? Wasn't his idiocy during the CoVid crisis enough to show his true colors...?
    Exactly .
    They are causing the conditions.
    Then use the PROBLEM they created to "solve" it

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    I know I'm pissing in the wind messaging the city county council but, all evil needs is for good men to do nothing. I just sent an email to them. Good day to you.

My name is :::::::::: . I am writing to urge the city county council to not adopt proposal 156. The states preemption law overrides the ability of local government to enact firearms legislation. As a resident of Marion county, I don't want my tax money to be waisted in litigation of this issue, that will ultimately loose. As a firearms owner and concealed carry permit holder, adoption of this proposal would be a direct violation of my constitutional right.

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    "In addition, the city is unveiling a new “I Choose Peace” pledge with Indianapolis Public Safety Foundation to provide outlets for neighbors, organizations and businesses to share why they choose to eject violence and promote peace in their neighborhoods."

Ah....new "Peace in the Streets" signs.

What a ******* clown.
    There will be peace for our time. It sure worked for Nevell Chamberlain.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know I'm pissing in the wind messaging the city county council but, all evil needs is for good men to do nothing. I just sent an email to them. Good day to you.

My name is :::::::::: . I am writing to urge the city county council to not adopt proposal 156. The states preemption law overrides the ability of local government to enact firearms legislation. As a resident of Marion county, I don't want my tax money to be waisted in litigation of this issue, that will ultimately loose. As a firearms owner and concealed carry permit holder, adoption of this proposal would be a direct violation of my constitutional right.
    We should always use correct words when we contact our representatives. It adds credibility.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Indiana doesn't have a "concealed carry permit". It's a License to Carry Handgun (LTCH), which is still issued for use in reciprocating states, but isn't required any more within Indiana with our "Constitutional Carry" law. Even when the LTCH was required in Indiana, "Open Carry" was always legal. Unlike Florida and some other states, carry in public is not required to be concealed (although I don't recommend it).

The mayor and council should be barraged with letters, emails and phone calls opposing the insanity of passing an illegal ordinance.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

My name is :::::::::: . I am writing to urge the City County Council to not adopt Proposal 156. Indiana's state preemption law overrides the ability of local government to enact firearms legislation. As a resident of Marion county, I don't want my tax money to be wasted in litigation of this proposed ordinance, which would evenually be overturned. As a firearms owner and holder of a license to carry a handgun, adoption of this proposal would be a direct violation of my Constitutional rights.
    Fixed it for you. Be accurate and spell words correctly if you want to be taken seriously.

I mean, well...you'll probably just be ignored, but it's fun to pretend that they give a ****.

:):

Top Bottom