• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    But I thought in one of the discussions earlier about stuff the CCC and stinky shoes make up that the ordinances could only be punishable by a fine? Arrests and jail time are not possible at that level.

But still, how many tickets could they possibly write if there was a mass protest?
    That was a different direction than we are currently seeing here. If allowed to pass a City Ordinance, the only punishment could be a fine. This is private use of public property which can lead to a trespass charge.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I love all the foregoing conversations. Notwithstanding, I thought it was the police who are charged with maintaining law and order in the City of Indianapolis. Or are the Mayor and Chief of Police missing something? Don’t forget that idiot City Prosecutor. He needs to be in the mix also! :bash:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The point is, that it’s wholly unconstitutional to restrict a person’s second amendment rights in a public place.
    I get it. I've never heard much of a peep (outside of avoiding the venues) regarding this EXACT situation at City parks, State parks, or the Indiana State Fair property. I just figured that the outrage/protest should be equally distributed. Not sure why BR seems more important that all the other venues. Where was all this outrage over the years/decades prior? This is not directed at you or any ONE person here.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I get it. I've never heard much of a peep (outside of avoiding the venues) regarding this EXACT situation at City parks, State parks, or the Indiana State Fair property. I just figured that the outrage/protest should be equally distributed. Not sure why BR seems more important that all the other venues. Where was all this outrage over the years/decades prior? This is not directed at you or any ONE person here.

Meh.

I stopped going to concerts at White River when this BS started. Never go to dolts games. Skipped a show I would have otherwise gone to at Garfield. Haven't been to the Indiana State Fair in years.

Write letters to hog****.

Statists do not care.

The BR bs will be interesting in that it will be even more difficult to enforce than the IMS bs...and going past that was nothing.

Commies are going to commie.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If only there was some obvious common thread that could be discovered.
    There is. But it cannot be stated aloud.
    I have an idea. Instead of making BR a GFZ on Friday and Saturday nights, blockade the streets leading into it and make it a $1000 "cover charge" to get past the checkpoints.
    This is hillarious. It reminds me of the Chris Rock bit, paraphrasing, "A bullet should cost $10k. You'll only shoot when it's worth it. ""Imagonna shoot you. But first I gotta save up for a bullet"". And of course after you shoot somebody you'll go retrieve the butllet".
    He's funnier than I. But if you look up his bit, it is funny, his actual politics not withstanding.
    That was a different direction than we are currently seeing here. If allowed to pass a City Ordinance, the only punishment could be a fine. This is private use of public property which can lead to a trespass charge.
    Do you agree that is appropriate? Specifically that the city will abuse/misuse the public/private property carve out?
    I've never heard much of a peep (outside of avoiding the venues) regarding this EXACT situation at City parks, State parks, or the Indiana State Fair property. I just figured that the outrage/protest should be equally distributed. Not sure why BR seems more important that all the other venues. Where was all this outrage over the years/decades prior? This is not directed at you or any ONE person here.
    You're right in your comment. But should it matter? Resticting the law-abiding seems counterproductive to the aim of preventing, arresting or responding to those persons ungovernable by laws.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Do you agree that is appropriate? Specifically that the city will abuse/misuse the public/private property carve out?

You're right in your comment. But should it matter? Resticting the law-abiding seems counterproductive to the aim of preventing, arresting or responding to those persons ungovernable by laws.
    I have no opinion on the appropriateness. I'm not sure WHAT the City will do with this in the future. All this will do is push the riffraff to another area. It's also a logistical nightmare. Those "private" events are typically manned by private security companies. IMPD doesn't have the manpower to do so. Even paying OT, there just isn't anyone willing to work them.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Hogwash knows his ridiculous “laws” are preempted by state statute but the idiot just wants to score points with the democratic sheeples. When will the morons in Indy see the light that Democrats bring lawlessness with them to every city they attempt to govern! :wallbash:

This, 100%. He knows he can't preempt state law and said as much. He's a bag of hot wind with the stench of a pedophile. He only shows up to play for the cameras but when the city is literally on fire he's of no use to anyone. WHY anyone would vote for him is beyond rational thought. The mindless checking of a box because of 'group think' is so overly played out and yet here we are, stuck with a feckless shell of a human in an office he does not have the capacity to hold.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hey hog****:

Where were you when the rioters were burning and looting the city and law enforcement was told to stand down?

Where were you on May 29, 2021, May 30, 2021, and May 31 of 2021?

Where the **** were you and what the **** were you doing?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It made national news. Fails to mention who has been the Mayor the last 8 years, that he was MIA during the riots, did away with the Public Safety Director, his hand-picked replacement for Prosecutor is a revolving door installer, has a real challenge for re-election, is up for election in November...

Top Bottom