• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Here’s one for the Great INGO Hive-mind.

I’ve had this recollection rattling around in my mind for s few days now. I recall a book and movie from the late 1970’s or early 1980’s, but I can’t seem to dredge up the title(s), author, actors or other “search” criteria.

The plot was that some minor Caribbean island was home to a polyglot band of pirates or buccaneers who had settled there in the 1600’s or 1700’s and remained “undiscovered” by the modern world. Their only contacts were to put to sea in small craft, sail or oar powered to raid and capture yachts, fishing vessels and small inter-island cargo ships. The crews and passengers were ruthlessly slaughtered in the boarding actions maybe sparing young children and women. The children to be reared as part of the “tribe” and the women as breeding stock. Once the ships hand been plundered, they were scuttled and the pirates returned to their island lair. I can’t recall much else about the book or movie but I’m on a quest to rediscover it!

Any help, thoughts or ideas? Post here or pm me!

I’ll continue to strain my memory and will post any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ok. The movie is available to rent/buy and stream on Prime Video. Used copies of the book are available. Dies not appear to be a Kindle Edition.

So. Now, I know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom