• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I always rooted against Dale Earnhardt - couldn't stand him. I remember standing in my living room yelling at the TV when he wrecked Terry Labonte twice, keeping him from winning, in the last few laps at the Bristol night race one year.

But you know what? Once he passed away at Daytona, I've always missed him. Missed that black car out there, and always wondering where the 3 car is - I don't want him anywhere close to where my driver is, especially if he's going for the win.

I guess that's called respect.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Same here...

I disagree... DE was one of the last old-school drivers on the track and he dominated because of it. He had forgotten more about racing than many of these young guys know. It was a tragedy when he died and he took a long history with him. Unfortunately, what he also took with him was some of the last old-school racing out there... Racing just isn't the same with an old-school racer out on the track schooling these guys. I watched for a couple more years wanting so bad for Dale Junior and Kevin Harvick (driving DE's old car) to blossom into great racers but they just couldn't pull it together. I'm sure they're better now but I just lost my interest after DE was gone. That doesn't make someone "just someone who worships an idol", that makes them someone that enjoys the sport for what it used to be...
    This

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It is definitely a different kind of racing now. Fun to watch the old races from the 60s and 70s when they had to race cars more or less off the showroom and there was lots of "rubbing", bumping and thumping. The very first televised NASCAR race ended in a fist fight. It was always a spectacle. Now I watch the start and either reload or nap during the middle and watch the finish.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    I'm not yet convinced the new car style is going to improve the racing. I wasn't all that impressed last night. Looks like the cars were very unstable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You have missed a LOT.
    danica-patrick-super-bowl-xlvii.jpg
    Looks like she's gonna be on the pole. Who knew?

Top Bottom