• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Richmond and Martinsville, gotta love the small track racin. Not a bad seat in the house.

Richmond is the next track I want to see. I agree about the small track racing. Been to the Daytona night race a few times, and what can I say, it's Daytona:D

Also love the sprint"s and midgets. Just can't beat good ole short track racing.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Same here...

I disagree... DE was one of the last old-school drivers on the track and he dominated because of it. He had forgotten more about racing than many of these young guys know. It was a tragedy when he died and he took a long history with him. Unfortunately, what he also took with him was some of the last old-school racing out there... Racing just isn't the same with an old-school racer out on the track schooling these guys. I watched for a couple more years wanting so bad for Dale Junior and Kevin Harvick (driving DE's old car) to blossom into great racers but they just couldn't pull it together. I'm sure they're better now but I just lost my interest after DE was gone. That doesn't make someone "just someone who worships an idol", that makes them someone that enjoys the sport for what it used to be...

right on man, you get it!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Blah, blah, blah...
    You whiners do know that Earnhardt died 12 years ago right?

You are either a race fan or not. One guy doesn't change that.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    The only race I've been to is Bristol. for the last 15 years we have been camping on the drag strip lot. Section D. We get there on Tuesday and camp all week for the August date. Great time, and meet lots of people from all over.:rockwoot:

Then you are truly not a fan, just someone that worships that track.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then you are truly not a fan, just someone who worships an idol.

Met the man and he spent the better part of the day hanging with us in the pits during a test for the 24 hr. He was a good, down to earth fella. One of the boys.

I saw him die that day and it was hard on me as well. Been a serious fan of his and having spent a bit of time with him I was truly sad. The NASCAR series was never the same after that. The COT near ruined the series. Spec racing sucks.
    Watched a bit of the Arca and The sprint. New car is easier on the eyes and may be OK. The twin 150's will tell us that.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Blah, blah, blah...

Only if you started watching racing 11 years ago sport;)

DE was hands down the BEST driver out there, maybe the best we will ever see. While he may not have been the most winningest, he was absolutely the walking definition of a driver, not a racer!

He earned the moniker of The Intimidator, today all I see are a bunch of guys that should all be known as The Emasculated. The best thing about NASCAR that I know of today (besides that hottie Danica) is that Kyle Petty isn't out there trying to kill people anymore. I've hated that guy ever since he went after bobby hillin after a crash. I really wish Hillin would've kicked his ass on the spot!

You just don't see that anymore, fines for talking bad about someone, rarely any heated arguments. Now it's all "he really hurt my feelings when he bumped into me" crap at pressers. Then you have those aholes at ESPN that try to blow it up into to something it ain't.

It just isn't what it used to be. It's like Coors Light, it's considered a beer by some (sissies, girly girls and such) but it still sucks and is better left to those who think mopeds and fat girls are both good to.....you get the idea.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    FTFY, sport;)

:D

Well just judging by the arses-in-seats factor, we aren't alone. His death was just one of many factors. Between rules, COT, "improvements" to tracks like Bristol, ticket prices, whiny little biatches masquerading as racecar drivers, actual *****es masquerading as stockcar drivers, etc, stockcar racing is in an undeniable decline.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How would y'all even know if you don't watch it?
    I think you just like to complain, glory day's sort of BS.
    But don't let me stop you from watching golf. :rolleyes:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Blah, blah, blah...

My point exactly... Not that I did not like watching him race.... He was a great person, and racer. Each generation will have their "old school" drivers. I can remember when DE was a newbie in the NASCAR world and booed at many times like a few people today. Very much disliked.?

With each generation, there will be a new "old school" type of person. DE earned his "Old school" title for his time, but there were many great "old school" drivers way before him. And there will be many more "old school" drivers after him, regardless if you agree or not.

Top Bottom