• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...if NASCAR is even a viable advertising thing next year?

Why would any large business consider throwing advertising money at any modern professional sports in 2021?

Prolly not well advertised, but the "silent majority" may well be paying attention to what companies sponsor BLM and other terrorist organizations?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Anyone going to the Indycar Harvest GP? I bought 2 tickets as soon as they were available so I can see some racing in person this year besides the high banks at Salem.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    SWMBO bought some last night. I'm not much of a fan, but the social director has spoken. If nothing else it'll be an afternoon of loud powerful things, which at least has some merit.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I might be the only Nascar fan left, but I'll post it anyway, they are making some big changes to the schedule next year. Got rid of Chicagoland and Kentucky races, which I hate because I loved going to Kentucky. Also, Cup will now run the road course in Indy on August 15, the same weekend as Indycar. They are also adding a race at Circuit of the Americas. More changes to be announced as the day goes on.

Just heard Road America is getting a cup race as well.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The Cup series will run a Bristol race on dirt next year!
    Meh. I’ve been dying for NASCAR to get back on dirt, but now they’re just trying to regain lost fans. This should’ve been done years ago. And why Bristol? There’s so many actual dirt tracks that would be better served hosting a NASCAR event. Hell, do it at Eldora the same weekend as trucks. Have all 3 series run like a normal weekend. It’ll be interesting for sure, but I won’t be watching it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Meh. I’ve been dying for NASCAR to get back on dirt, but now they’re just trying to regain lost fans. This should’ve been done years ago. And why Bristol? There’s so many actual dirt tracks that would be better served hosting a NASCAR event. Hell, do it at Eldora the same weekend as trucks. Have all 3 series run like a normal weekend. It’ll be interesting for sure, but I won’t be watching it.

Can not disagree with anything in this statement.

Running at Eldora is a fantastic idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been yelling at the top of my lungs ever since the 1st Brickyard to put them on the road course. Solid move.

So run 1 dirt race requiring a specific car/chassis/engine set up for only 1 race and saddle the teams with this staggering expense. Man I hope that works out. Especially when we all see just what a dunce driver Bubba actually is.

Eldora. But they are very short of stands for what NAPCAR thinks is needed. Thats why they will run the venue they chose.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm pissed because I feel NASCAR has been taken from me after being a lifetime fan. Now I know who to blame.

[FONT=&amp]This year in NASCAR has been unlike any other. From the pandemic to the Confederate flag ban to global NBA icon Michael Jordan announcing his entry into the sport, the world of stock-car racing will never be the same after 2020.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]But for Jill Gregory, one of NASCAR’s highest ranked executives, change has been a long time coming.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Since her arrival in 2007, Gregory has embraced a growing leadership role at NASCAR, in which her ambitious work ethic and progressive vision as chief marketing officer has permeated all facets of the sport to guide it into its next era — an era that will see more diverse faces, voices and ideas.

https://sports.yahoo.com/meet-woman-behind-nascar-pushing-113000457.html
    [/FONT]

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    They’re (or should I say SHE is) working so hard on bringing in new fans. They should be more concerned with losing their life long fans!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Accidently fell onto the last of the race.

Was it just my imagination, or was there chearing in the background of the broadcast when Bubba hit the wall?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Accidently fell onto the last of the race.

Was it just my imagination, or was there chearing in the background of the broadcast when Bubba hit the wall?

I was online last night and I saw it mentioned a few times about the crowd cheering. Of course it was by "life long NASCAR fans" who were offended people would do such a thing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have been yelling at the top of my lungs ever since the 1st Brickyard to put them on the road course. Solid move.

So run 1 dirt race requiring a specific car/chassis/engine set up for only 1 race and saddle the teams with this staggering expense. Man I hope that works out. Especially when we all see just what a dunce driver Bubba actually is.

Eldora. But they are very short of stands for what NAPCAR thinks is needed. Thats why they will run the venue they chose.
    That’s what I thought. That’s a lot of expense for smaller teams to build a car for 1 race. A few times (or a couple, don’t remember) have already announced they won’t be returning after this season... I don’t see how this decision is going to help the remaining ones.

And I think Denny and Jordan might have bit off more than they can chew with this new team. I know MJ has deep pockets, but racing will run you dry pretty fast if you aren’t getting a big return. Eventually those sponsors are going to move on to better drivers or a different advertising opportunity, instead of investing millions for little return.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I know MJ has deep pockets, but racing will run you dry pretty fast if you aren’t getting a big return. Eventually those sponsors are going to move on to better drivers or a different advertising opportunity, instead of investing millions for little return.

Yep. Fort Wayne watched what it did to Tom Kelley in the IRL. He thought he could run with Penske and Ganassi. . . . Nope. All he did was lose his money.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This has to be satire about Bubba Smollett.

"Bubba Wallace crashes while being the leader on the top line". . . . . . . Yes he was, which looked to be around 10th and going backwards, fast. Its not like he was third.

"Despite the disappointment, he can be proud of the fact that this display is just a small taste of his capabilities. It will also make Denny Hamlin and Michael Jordan very happy, as they will now know that they made a good investment". . . . . . . . What the ****. Is this joke of a "reporter" ****ing kidding.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/n...t-talladega-after-coming-close-to-maiden-win/

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    LOL! Yes, they should be really happy that at a super speedway, a crapshoot track where anyone has a shot, he led the top lane 4 wide while driving in 10th place only to wreck and bring his team yet another DNF.

Journalism is dead.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This has to be satire about Bubba Smollett.

"Bubba Wallace crashes while being the leader on the top line". . . . . . . Yes he was, which looked to be around 10th and going backwards, fast. Its not like he was third.

"Despite the disappointment, he can be proud of the fact that this display is just a small taste of his capabilities. It will also make Denny Hamlin and Michael Jordan very happy, as they will now know that they made a good investment". . . . . . . . What the ****. Is this joke of a "reporter" ****ing kidding.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/n...t-talladega-after-coming-close-to-maiden-win/

Yep got to the front and ran out of talent. He can't win a race even when NASCAR picks his restrictor plate. Until NASCAR picks another "darling" he will continue to get special treatment. The history of the "best" restrictor plate is very real.

Top Bottom