• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I recently received my order of 500rds of 300BLK from TNTMunitions.com and was thinking of placing another order, this time for either 9MM or 45ACP. Was looking at their ammo selection and they have these ( https://www.tntmunitions.com/9mm-luger/bullet-125-gr-rn-match-minor-loose-reman.html ).

Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with polymer coated lead bullets and how they compare to shooting normal rounds?

Price is right on all their ammo, a bit slow in shipment, but I'm a patient man. Was thinking of picking up a bag of 500 9mm and 500 45ACP for range/target use.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    look up powder coated bullets. Tons of info on them on the internet. I believe they are considered to be similar to plated bullets, but can be cast and coated much cheaper.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Well I have about 2,500 rounds of 125gr Blue Bullet projectiles sitting on the bench. I have fired around 500 of them so far with no problems. The rounds I load are damn near the exact ones they are providing but mine run 1052fps instead of their 1062fps. They are a good round and I have never had any problems with the projectiles. I understand that these are preloaded rounds so I can only speak to the projectile. I know they are dirtier on the hands when reloading though.

Is there a reason you are running 125gr? If you are not reloading you can get full copper jacked Perfecta 115's from Walmart for the same price as these cast? Just curious...not judging.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Is there a reason you are running 125gr? If you are not reloading you can get full copper jacked Perfecta 115's from Walmart for the same price as these cast? Just curious...not judging.

Honestly? I don't even notice a big difference between bullet weights. I'm a horrible pistol shot and just like to plink at the range for fun. I don't take notice of how I am doing with this round vs this other round. I just buy cheap stuff from Wal-Mart or the LGS and run it through my pistols and they all eat whatever I put in them.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Honestly? I don't even notice a big difference between bullet weights. I'm a horrible pistol shot and just like to plink at the range for fun. I don't take notice of how I am doing with this round vs this other round. I just buy cheap stuff from Wal-Mart or the LGS and run it through my pistols and they all eat whatever I put in them.

In that case, just FYI, these three options are all a few $ cheaper when you buy a case AND it's brand new brass cased stuff.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/geco-9mm-luger-ammo-124-grain-fmj-210040050-p-3538.aspx

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fiocchi-sd-9mm-ammo-115-grain-fmj-fch9ap-p-2959.aspx

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magtech-sport-9mm-ammo-115-grain-fmj-9a-p-2830.aspx

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Ok....just curious.... I shoot them because they are cheaper to buy than the FMJ but if I had my choice between FMJ and cast at the same price I would choose FMJ every time. As for durability... I have shot them through 6" of pine and they came out 80%-85% blue.

From a reloading standpoint... The coating isn't as consistent thickness wise and you can feel it when you are seating them...and like I mentioned earlier they are dirtier.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been using ACME "lipstick" bullets for my subsonic 9mm loads. I'm pretty happy with them. And as stated previously, there's a lot of info out there on them.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Great prices, but Perfecta at Wal-mart is $9.99 with now shipping cost. It is basically the same as Fiocchi.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Shooting powder coated HP projectiles at 357 magnum velocities with no ill effects. Every pistol caliber I shoot gets the PC treatment. It's just that good.

Test_Loads%20Custom_zpshx2fnjrh.jpg

Even the zombies don't have a chance when the M1 Garand comes around....
    DSC_0723Custom_zps1de526ed.jpg

Top Bottom