• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    While I have been known to give recruiters a hard time, I do not envy them. That is a tough job, and you really have to love what you do.
    Nah, you just have to be forced to do it and properly motivated.

He plans to retire after 20ish years and to do that, at some point you either have to be a drill instructor or recruiter. Those are the two jobs nobody volunteers for.

He just made staff sergeant while at recruiter training. He hopes to make gunny during recruiting and then become a warrant officer in his MOS, which is essentially grocery store manager.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Maybe just cause I grew up surrounded by Boilermakers, but I can't imagine how this could possibly add value to a home.:D
    Depends who they are playing, there could be a good visiting team worth listening to.

Edit: I just looked at their schedule this year, and retract the above statement.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Daughter and I took a drive down yesterday to check out a few possibilities in the Bloomington/Martinsville area. Found a couple 3 bedroom townhouse options in Bloomington that were within their budget and close to his work, but none will be available until August of '23. :facepalm:

On the brightside, I can make the northside of Bloomington in 3 hours flat. Better than the current 10 hour drive to see them in Quantico.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would sure listen to all of the commentary suggesting living outside of Btown and commuting in.

Town can get very seedy, with "the unhoused" the students and all of the drugs, drunks and crime associated with them.

They just shut down the downtown/university area for most of a day due to a mental guy with a crowbar threatening to "shoot." :rolleyes: Do your grandkids need to see that kind if crap? Public urination and sex in the town parks? Needles sprinkled everywhere?

There are a lot of great holesum areas outside of the city, on top of being cheaper the farther you get from it, even still within Monroe County. Lotta woods, waters and public property to enjoy.

:twocents:

Top Bottom