Bloomberg says our interpretation of the Constitution must change!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I hope this isn't a dupe. I searched and couldn't find it.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is, if they can scare us enough, maybe we will relinquish our rights to big brother.

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will

“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,” he said.

It's getting kind of hard determining who is the terrorist.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    “Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms - I'm one of them! New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,” Bloomberg said.

FIXED for reality.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's a nutty thought- maybe we could read the Constitution as written and is we need to change something, use the amendment process. It's so crazy, it might just work!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    “It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks,” he said.

The government can not keep us safe. For them to pretend that they can is a lie, and a convenient excuse for them to assume powers that the founders meant to limit. Safety is not a government service, it is the right and responsibility of the people.

We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can’t do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection.”
    But apparently Bloomberg thinks it's OK if the government chooses to put us in such a situation?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "We must take away your freedoms to protect your freedoms" :n00b: That's how I read it.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If this rich idiot had his way and was able to rewrite the Constitution to suit his personal agenda then the terrorists have won.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013

From the "Comments" section
    "We're going to suspend your rights to protest, bear arms, privacy, and trial by jury."
    "Why?"
    "To protect you from terrorists."
    "Why do we need to be protected from terrorists?"
    "They hate you for your freedom."

Bloomberg, and those of his ilk, are the terrorists that concern me.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality

From the "Comments" section
    "We're going to suspend your rights to protest, bear arms, privacy, and trial by jury."
    "Why?"
    "To protect you from terrorists."
    "Why do we need to be protected from terrorists?"
    "They hate you for your freedom."

Bloomberg, and those of his ilk, are the terrorists that concern me.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I am more afraid of the terrorist that sit on capital hill, than I am of the terrorist that strike our country. The FBI has a terrorist watch list. So my only question is, why watch them commit the crime. Why cant we get them out of here before they commit the crime. They obviously have a reason to watch them. Why not just give them the boot to begin with. If your suspicious enough to be drug in by the FBI for questioning, then you need to be sent out.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    “It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks,” he said.

The government can not keep us safe. For them to pretend that they can is a lie, and a convenient excuse for them to assume powers that the founders meant to limit. Safety is not a government service, it is the right and responsibility of the people.

We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can’t do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection.”
    But apparently Bloomberg thinks it's OK if the government chooses to put us in such a situation?

And we're supposed to believe this after the Judge threw out his Soda Pop law saying it was arbitrary and capricious!

Top Bottom