• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hey I've never shot blazer, but it's aluminum cased, correct? I don't reload, so I don't care if I can't reload it. How does it stack up against wolf and brass cased? In the middle? Lower quality than wolf?

Link

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is an inexpensive ammo and some firearm manufacturers recommend against using it. Check the website of your firearm to be sure.

The Blazer in your link is the aluminum stuff, but CCI also has other ammo named Blazer that is brass.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Shot cleaner than Wolf for me. Since it's aluminum cased vs steel, its a little easier on chambers (although I don't buy the gunshop hype that shooting steel will trash your gun)

I've never had one not go bang.

Back when I was shooting my Hi-Point, i ran 250-300 rounds of Blazer through it every week. Of course, it as $4.97 a box back then.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    There is a Blazer Brass also. I've shot some of this and had no problems with it. The one thing I have heard about the aluminum case Blazer is the aluminum is soften than brass and may lead to extraction problems. Have not shot any aluminum, so this might be hearsay but it seems to make some sense.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Accuracy is usually OK. It doesn't get along well with some gun as far as reliability, the only way to know if yours likes it or not is to try it.

Some guns warn against using aluminum cased ammo in the manuals, but I'm brain farting and can't remember which ones right now. Read your manual!

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I've shot over 2k of it in 9mm and 45ACP with zero problems.
    Haven't seen Blazer for those prices in quite a few years. :eek:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I used to buy Blazer 9x19 and .45 ACP in case lots back when the ammo prices weren't so salty. Mostly because I could buy it for less than it cost me to make reloads (especially 9x19's). Plus, when I used it in a class I didn't have to scrounge around in the grass or gravel to retrieve spent cases afterwards. Never had any problems with them.

No more firing residue than most generic ball, and a good deal less than Wolf or many commercial reloads. Accuracy and functional reliability were both fine in my weapons.

I ran about 2300 of the .45 ACPs through a Springfield Champion in a 5-day Defensive Pistol class at Chapman Academy several years back, with no malfs other than those set-up for drills. It hit where I pointed it and always fed and fired. Only had to clean and relube at the end of a day's class, same as any other ammo. About 1800 went through my full-sized Witness 9x19 in another 3-day class with the same results.

Where the prices still as comparable, I'd buy it over Wolf or any of the other Russian brands any day. The older steel-cased Russian ammo with the lacquered finish used to give me fits. Heavy firing residue and lots of feeding/extraction malfs from melted lacquer in the chamber. Haven't used much of the newer polymer-coated, as I now can make my lead bullet reloads on my Dillon SDB just as cheaply.

Top Bottom