• ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    We have had a 4 burner Blackstone for 4 years now. Really like it. I cook burgers and dogs for concessions at the high school track meets. 300-400 of each with no sweat. We love breakfast on it. Sliced taters, onions, sausage , or bacon. Minimal use of oil and the grease runs off.

The charcoal grill is for chicken and steak, brisket or pork roasts go ion the egg, the Blackstone gets rest.

Don

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'd want the bigger one for sure. So how do you clean them? Do you use the old "griddle block" like back in the restaurant days?
    Yes, I use a griddle brick when it gets bad, but for occasional cooking, I just scrape it down, douse with cooking oil, burn it into the griddle and wipe clean with a clean cotton towel while it's still hot.

When ready to use again I just drop some more oil on it and fire it up.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yes, I use a griddle brick when it gets bad, but for occasional cooking, I just scrape it down, douse with cooking oil, burn it into the griddle and wipe clean with a clean cotton towel while it's still hot.

When ready to use again I just drop some more oil on it and fire it up.
    I've yet to "clean" mine after 3 years. I scrape it down when still hot. Then like you just throw a dab of oil on it next time I fire it up. When winter sets in I'll put a good coat of olive oil on it before putting cover back on

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I bought a used 4 burner black stone, cleaned it up, used it for a month or so and resold it.
    Worked good but too much mess. If I left it with oiled it was covered in bugs and dust, left dry it rusted. Maybe a cover would have helped or if it was stored inside.

I bought a camp chief pro 30 burner and a discada for less than the used black stone and love it. Already had a large cast iron dutch oven and pan that fits great on it, plan on getting the pizza oven next.
    It takes up 1/4 the room and can still offer almost the same cooking surface plus it’s portable, I hang the discada up in the garage when not in use.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought a used 4 burner black stone, cleaned it up, used it for a month or so and resold it.
    Worked good but too much mess. If I left it with oiled it was covered in bugs and dust, left dry it rusted. Maybe a cover would have helped or if it was stored inside.

I bought a camp chief pro 30 burner and a discada for less than the used black stone and love it. Already had a large cast iron dutch oven and pan that fits great on it, plan on getting the pizza oven next.
    It takes up 1/4 the room and can still offer almost the same cooking surface plus it’s portable, I hang the discada up in the garage when not in use.

That basically looks like a wok. How would you make pancakes on it without all the batter running to the center?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I
    That basically looks like a wok. How would you make pancakes on it without all the batter running to the center?
    Pancakes would be a problem on a Dicada but I’ve got a couple cast iron pans that work great. I really like it for bacon, you can put the done bacon on the outside edge to drain and it stays warm.

Camp chief as a griddle, probably not as good as black stone. But for versatility and price there is no comparison. You can get a 2 burner camp chief and griddles for around $300

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I have an older small 2 burner Blackstone. I used it a lot at first. Then i got into pellet grills/smokers and haven't used it since. I do really like it, i wish they made one that could run on propane AND electric. I like to keep a propane cooker around in case of a power outage, but electric is so much easier and i don't have to worry about running out of propane, leaky tanks, etc.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is what we ended up with:

View attachment 225115

Bought it from a guy that used it twice and didn't care for it, got it for half off Lowes price with pretty much all of the accessories Blackstone makes for it.
    I just opened this thread to post about a griddle for sale.
    Basically the same as a Blackstone, but with the Sam's club "Member's Mark" logo.
    Sam's club has the 36" model on sale right now for $199.
    That's a deal.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Basically the same as a Blackstone, but with the Sam's club "Member's Mark" logo.
    That's a deal.
    I looked at the same thing today. I was tempted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's a deal.
    I just compared the Bs to the SC and they seem almost identical. Same size, burners, BTU’s, almost everything…

Goodguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Yes. Yes, i can. They also bring me stuff to smoke on the big green egg (that belongs to my grandpa but lives at my house).

During 2020 when you couldn't do anything else, we'd hang out in their garage bar almost daily. Now, it's once or twice a week but still a good time! Pic is from when we lost power in the neighborhood, so we turned on all of the battery lights and kept drinking!

View attachment 224610
    There needs to be awards for garages.

Top Bottom