• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Sure it is. Quality products aren't cranked out by the tens of thousands and sitting in warehouses ready for immediate shipment. Quality products typically require waiting for and usually cost more, something the majority in this country aren't prepared to accept.

This country is flooded with inferior products, I'll admit to having plenty of imported cheap crap in my house, a good bit of it purchased at Walmart. If I need a cheap plastic container to hold nuts & bolts on my workbench I'm not spending more and waiting two weeks to get the best out there as my workbench is not a priority nor does my life or livelihood depend on it. I take a slightly different stance when it comes to the tools I may need to save my life. If I need a plastic (Kydex) container to hold a handgun and keep it by my side at all times I'm not buying cheap crap.

To each his/her own.

Its your money, spend it how you want. I dont own any of their product but your statement concerns me. Please clarify.

"quality products arent cranked out by the tens of thousands and sitting in warehouses ready for immediate shipment."

Funny thing is, I have purchased many Quality products sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped and not very many were made in America. You should try some of those well made Japanese and German products just waiting to be shipped to your door....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm pretty picky about my gear. Supply versus demand means I often wait for my turn to obtain what I want. If I were willing to purchase cheaply made products consisting of inferior materials I can buy them any time I want as they are usually piled up somewhere.

Not sure why my purchasing choices would concern you.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I'm pretty picky about my gear. Supply versus demand means I often wait for my turn to obtain what I want. If I were willing to purchase cheaply made products consisting of inferior materials I can buy them any time I want as they are usually piled up somewhere.

Not sure why my purchasing choices would concern you.

Because I care....:buddies:

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    ABOUT BLACKHAWK

Ok i'm lost

Did this thread start to inform people that there are now more outlets for blackhawk gear and turn into a black hawk bashing and defending thread,

If so it looks like at least some if not all of the products are made in U.S.A. and if nothing else it looks like blackhawk is providing jobs in several states across the use.

If this has turned into another thread blaming some company of stealing some other companies design then thats been beat to death because we've determined in other threads that there are only so many ways to make a product and if there is not copy right infringement then you really don't have an argument. AKA the Raven/Sharktec argument from a good while ago

We all need to be careful that if you don't like a product then you don't like it,

Its easy to check your facts so check them, Some things are hard to track down.

don't Confuse opinion with data

Originally had posted it just to be informative. Geeze I didnt know it would turn into a heated debate. :ar15:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Originally had posted it just to be informative. Geeze I didnt know it would turn into a heated debate. :ar15:

Despite what some have posited, the Blackhawk Serpa is a highly rated holster and is my new favorite. Highly recommended and I'll buy more of their products without the slightest bit of guilt.
    Thank you, thank you very much.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Despite what some have posited, the Blackhawk Serpa is a highly rated holster and is my new favorite. Highly recommended and I'll buy more of their products without the slightest bit of guilt.
    Thank you, thank you very much.

I've long since given up trying to buy american, so I'm not even going to argue that point.

I bought a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster from Bass Pro as my first holster. It's a great holster, and its a million times better than a Fobus. The only problem I have with it is that it's starting to wear the finish on my gun in a couple spots. I have replaced it with a Bianchi leather holster, but I still use the Serpa paddle when I need to get out the door fast and I don't want to take the time to re-thread the leather holster back onto my belt.

I also bought a blackhawk nylon holster from Walmart about 10 months ago. To be honest, due to the clip-on system its trash for a EDC, but it works fine as a range holster to carry a Walther P22. It serves the purpose of cradling the gun so the operator can use two hands to reload mags or reset targets, but I would not take off running with the gun in the holster.

Edit:
    I got off track but I think the point I was going to make was that I really wouldn't expect great quality from anything I buy from Walmart. The nylon holster I got from Walmart didnt surprise me, but If they started carrying Sportsters that would.

Last edited:

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    The only real concern I have relative to Walmart is this: Yes they have the "guaranteed lowest prices" and generally have what you want in stock right now, but what happens when they run all the "mom and pop" stores out of business? Then you have a monopoly. And when you have control over the market....You get to name your price. I'm all for getting a good deal, but at who's expense? Ive noticed that Walmart has recently reappeared on the gun selling market after a couple years of sudden no-gun-sales. What changed their mind, and more importantly, what will their stance be when they run out all the competition??

tricky9914

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    I agree, I think that when it comes to tools of defense and protection you should always go for the best you can obtain... Would you rather carry a glock or a sundance?

Top Bottom