• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    I paid a visit to the local WallyWorld today and I guess Walmart is now starting to carry BlackHawck AR accessories and holsters. They had foregrips, rail covers, ergo grips and even drop in rails. Wish they would get the 62 gr Lake City 420 pack in again.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I used to wear Blackhawk holsters for my carry gun. I use a Blackhawk single point sling on my shotgun and it hasn't failed on me. My cop buddy uses their mag pouches.

mtb1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    The only thing they're good for is cheap shotshells. Everything else I'd get elsewhere.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Blackhawks first 5 years of existence consisted of copying quality American made products and having them made overseas. I won't buy their garbage but they're a great fit for Walmart.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Seems fitting. Cheap crap is what Walmart specializes in.

This is why flawed holsters like the Serpa are in just about every gun-owners' holster box. Blackhawk stuff is in just about every gun shop in America, and now apparently in WalMarts.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sure it is. Quality products aren't cranked out by the tens of thousands and sitting in warehouses ready for immediate shipment. Quality products typically require waiting for and usually cost more, something the majority in this country aren't prepared to accept.

This country is flooded with inferior products, I'll admit to having plenty of imported cheap crap in my house, a good bit of it purchased at Walmart. If I need a cheap plastic container to hold nuts & bolts on my workbench I'm not spending more and waiting two weeks to get the best out there as my workbench is not a priority nor does my life or livelihood depend on it. I take a slightly different stance when it comes to the tools I may need to save my life. If I need a plastic (Kydex) container to hold a handgun and keep it by my side at all times I'm not buying cheap crap.

To each his/her own.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Sure it is. Quality products aren't cranked out by the tens of thousands and sitting in warehouses ready for immediate shipment. Quality products typically require waiting for and usually cost more, something the majority in this country aren't prepared to accept.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

You get what you pay (and wait) for .....

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    So if you don't like blackhawk thats one thing but look at premises used

Chines made, Ok they are a low cost low quality supplier, That won't change anytime soon but are you sure all of blackhawk products are chinese made, My products are a little older but they are not chines made.

Walmart, Walmart is an argument unto itself, They are the very essence of the American way are selling and people are buying, Then beat the heck out of their suppliers to make it more affordable, some of the manufactures have been able to maintain their quality and sell at walmart some have not. Mag lite for example, Quality product sold at walmart, now we can also find several knife manufactures that have either went out of bushiness because they didn't sell to walmart prices, Companies like buck knives went cheap but they are coming back so lets not paint with too broad of a brush.

Mass produced is junk. WTF, The whole industrial revolution is a farce if this is true. Quality on Car engines, TV's, ect are higher quality than ever before due to good manufacturing practices, The lean market cuts both ways, they have produced some better products and they have also cut some product down, buy a new 1970 Car and try to get 200k out of it.

If a manufacture starts to do the wrong things then its up to us consumers to try to correct it. If you don't buy a product write an email or letter and tell them why.

In the time it took you to bash products here in the forum you could have written letters to Blackhawk or whomever and express your concerns, Don't do it as some rabid dog beating your chest and waving the flag, Do it with some dignatiy and bring some the American way of life and American Jobs back where they belong. Companies are listening, The crashing world economy will in a lot of ways help rebuild american manufacturing, But consumer dollars will be the biggest difference.

Be careful of companies touting words like "fitformarket", "global", ect.

Lets stand together and fix it

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Didn't realize I was putting off the chest beating rabid dog vibe.

Not all Blackhawk products are made in China, you are right. They started out making things in Vietnam if I remember correctly. The problem I had initially (and still do) is that those products were exact copies of quality products being manufactured by Eagle Industries and London Bridge. It took Blackhawk several years to come up with anything original and they've made millions taking the ideas and innovations of American companies, copying them and outsourcing the jobs to asia. Thereby stealing both designs and jobs from American workers.

Something tells me a letter sent from a mere peasant who doesn't understand the "global" economy would be used to fill the solid silver trash can underneath the $100K desk of the thieves at the helm. I prefer to spend my time informing those who care about such things.

Oh wait... Does Blackhawk support gay marriage? If so, please forget anything I said about them and send me a catalog.

Insert purple wherever you want

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Definitely was rabid dog vibe the way I read it.

Letter do matter, Check the Buck knife story of them coming back to America, Check the Mag Lite story about them coming to market late with the XL series of lights to make sure every part was American made

If you don't support companies that support Gay marriage, then you need to boycott every product that is transported by Big rig trucks, All drugs that come from Lillies, Cococola, and the list goes on.

We are backed into a corner right now and they way you affect the guy with the 100k desk is when profits are down and profits of their competitor is up and you send the letter to let them know why,

Things like Chik-filet may be just the first salvo in the battle to regain our morality.

I would love a smart phone app that you could put your shopping list into and get feedback of where to buy American products,

Believe it or not Amazon does a great job of listening, there are big companies out there and we need to be aware.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I could care less what companies think about gay marriage. I have been voting against Blackhawk with my wallet since the company started and plan to continue. Eagle Industries was sold off several years ago and their quality dropped which is when they stopped receiving my $$$ as well.

It's not as much a matter of where they make their products ( I cannot claim to own only American made products) and it certainly has nothing to do with their political stance on the issue of the week. My dislike for Blackhawk stems from the fact that the company was founded by stealing from good companies trying to make it in a challenging "global economy".

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The problem I had initially (and still do) is that those products were exact copies of quality products being manufactured by Eagle Industries and London Bridge.
    Eagle Industries;
    Established in 1974 Manufacturing Motorcycle Gear, in 1982 they began making Tactical Gear.
    Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, manufacturing, operating out of four production facilities: St. Louis, Missouri; Lares, Puerto Rico; Mayaguez, Puerto Rico; and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Blachawk;
    Established in 1993.
    Headquartered out of Norfolk Virginia, with Manufacturing Centers in Idaho, Montana, and North Carolina...

LBT London Bridge Tactical Inc;
    Established in 2007.
    Headquartered out of Virginia Beach, VA...

So I guess you are part right...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Eagle Tactical gear was all US made until a couple of years ago. I'd like to see a Blackhawk nylon product with a made in the USA tag. I've not seen one.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    ABOUT BLACKHAWK

Ok i'm lost

Did this thread start to inform people that there are now more outlets for blackhawk gear and turn into a black hawk bashing and defending thread,

If so it looks like at least some if not all of the products are made in U.S.A. and if nothing else it looks like blackhawk is providing jobs in several states across the use.

If this has turned into another thread blaming some company of stealing some other companies design then thats been beat to death because we've determined in other threads that there are only so many ways to make a product and if there is not copy right infringement then you really don't have an argument. AKA the Raven/Sharktec argument from a good while ago

We all need to be careful that if you don't like a product then you don't like it,

Its easy to check your facts so check them, Some things are hard to track down.

don't Confuse opinion with data

Top Bottom