• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Love to see it happen but it won't. Ever notice how bills like this only get submitted when everyone knows they have no chance of passing? It's all just kabuki...
    Yes. It’s frustrating.

In fairness though, I’m not sure when the last time was a NFA repeal was even submitted. Their side offers up all kinds of abominations every session it seems.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd be happy if they would just reign in the ATF and neuter their rulemaking ability. Force them to play at the same level that folks like Guy Relford does at the state level. "Hey Congress, we have a problem. We need a law to ban ________________. Here is how we think it should go. Please pass this. " *Drops sample text on the desk*

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd be happy if they would just reign in the ATF and neuter their rulemaking ability. Force them to play at the same level that folks like Guy Relford does at the state level. "Hey Congress, we have a problem. We need a law to ban ________________. Here is how we think it should go. Please pass this. " *Drops sample text on the desk*
    Making laws is too difficult, takes too long, and has recorded votes the opposition can use against you next election cycle. The system prefers it like this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Making laws is too difficult, takes too long, and has recorded votes the opposition can use against you next election cycle. The system prefers it like this.
    EXACTLY! Which is why I want it that way. I dont want anyone appointed making "laws" and I want those who answer to us afraid to stick their necks out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe they could attach it to the bill that’ll have to be passed to extend the debt ceiling in a few months.
    tenor.gif

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Pull a democrat on them and hide it in an appropriations bill that must be passed. Oh the dream.
    Wasn’t there some dem bill recently that said one thing and then got rewritten at the last minute to say something completely different, or am I just imagining things (old age can do that to you)? Or try a standard dem tactic - pass an attached bill you know will be struck down by judicial, but let people take advantage of it until it is. Wouldn’t mind buying suppressors, SBRs, etc. over the counter while NFA was nonexistent for a few months or years!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wasn’t there some dem bill recently that said one thing and then got rewritten at the last minute to say something completely different, or am I just imagining things (old age can do that to you)? Or try a standard dem tactic - pass an attached bill you know will be struck down by judicial, but let people take advantage of it until it is. Wouldn’t mind buying suppressors, SBRs, etc. over the counter while NFA was nonexistent for a few months or years!
    we had something kinda similar here relating to a gun bill.
    (numbers just for example)

Bill 1127 for gun right gets amended out the ying-yang, including a poison pill. Struck down in committee.
    Bill 1225 was a totally unrelated bill. Lets call it a school choice bill. They executed a strip and replace, whereby they removed ALL language out of it and replaced it with the core of 1127. That kept it alive and they were eventually able to pass it.

They had to strip and replace because it was too late in the process to introduce any new bills. Could this be what you were thinking of?

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    we had something kinda similar here relating to a gun bill.
    (numbers just for example)

Bill 1127 for gun right gets amended out the ying-yang, including a poison pill. Struck down in committee.
    Bill 1225 was a totally unrelated bill. Lets call it a school choice bill. They executed a strip and replace, whereby they removed ALL language out of it and replaced it with the core of 1127. That kept it alive and they were eventually able to pass it.

They had to strip and replace because it was too late in the process to introduce any new bills. Could this be what you were thinking of?
    Yes, that must be it. Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom