Bill Making Happy Hour Legal Heads To Governors Desk…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm immune. Don't believe I've ever heard a Beastie Boys song (are they songs?)

I would posit that you likely have without realizing it's a BB song. It is very difficult to escape "Sabotage" in certain decades of Western culture given it's use in tv shows and movies. Not quite as bad, but similar to trying to escape Fortunate Son.

Kids movies to Star Trek, it's been used a bunch. Example, Minions here (starts at 0.44 and plays in the background for the remainder):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would posit that you likely have without realizing it's a BB song. It is very difficult to escape "Sabotage" in certain decades of Western culture given it's use in tv shows and movies. Not quite as bad, but similar to trying to escape Fortunate Son.

Kids movies to Star Trek, it's been used a bunch. Example, Minions here (starts at 0.44 and plays in the background for the remainder):

Nope, never heard it. Not my cup of tea.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey this was only 39 years in the making. Beer sales at the State Fair was gone for like 70 years. A bunch of WWII Vets drank all the beer in 46… who saw that coming?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So do away with all alcohol laws? Should DUI go away? After all until they hit someone they didn’t hurt anyone else?
    Fine. On one condition.

If you crash and blow above the legal limit, cops shoot you on scene and your body hung up for all to see. Left for the critters to devour like road kill.

EDIT: That would be a bit more jarring than seeing those white ghost bikes on the side of the road.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Haven't seen anyone suggest that.

I don't care for the current legal standard for intoxication but that ship sailed long ago.
    When they were debating the bill at the legislature I called a few reps that I knew and asked for some information germane to the decision, namely, how many crashes and how many fatalities were there for those above .08 and below 1.0. The discussion was a change was needed because of deaths.

They all said the same thing, the data was not available. The actual data relating to a change in the law was never a part of the discussion.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    DUI isn't an "alcohol law". The "I" isn't restricted to alcohol, after all. Excise doesn't enforce it. DUI is a reckless endangerment law specific to traffic.
    But if they don’t crash or kill someone they didn’t hurt anybody, what is the crime?

Funny, I have been through most of the stages of thinking about government. Most people don’t want government laws until they do…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But if they don’t crash or kill someone they didn’t hurt anybody, what is the crime?

Funny, I have been through most of the stages of thinking about government. Most people don’t want government laws until they do…

I don't get the relevancy to price fixing, and I don't think anyone else does either. It seems like you're just ranging further afield until you can get someone to engage in a debate on the topic nobody seems that interested in.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I don’t drink, but I never understood all the crazy Indiana beverage laws. It’s happy hour no matter if they let you say it or not. Good grief…stop this nonsense and fix the dang roads!!!

Top Bottom