• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I haven't been a Jay Leno fan, but this cements my decision. If his show comes on, my TV is going off or to another channel. Maher's stated positions are idiotic and indefensible. I might be able to forgive that, but Jay adding that he had no understanding of why those "clips" :rolleyes: were once banned and now are lawful again is inexcusable and IMHO, unforgivable.

Done with him.

Blessings,
    Bill

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I haven't been a Jay Leno fan, but this cements my decision. If his show comes on, my TV is going off or to another channel. Maher's stated positions are idiotic and indefensible. I might be able to forgive that, but Jay adding that he had no understanding of why those "clips" :rolleyes: were once banned and now are lawful again is inexcusable and IMHO, unforgivable.

Done with him.

Blessings,
    Bill

I watched his show once on HBO and that was only because I think it was Dennis MIller that was on there. He is not funny in the least bit. I find him to be ignorant and arrogant.

BTW BoR your AV incites violence and we should ban lil cupid man! haha

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I was watching last night to see Bill because I normally think he's pretty funny until last night when he went on about people carrying and how stupid we are then I was pissed. He doesn't know what he's talking about on this issue and I thought it showed. The crowd seemed to agree that he was wrong.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Quit with the personal attacks. You may not agree but he has a right to his opinion. You do not have the right to attack him for them. I maybe new to this forum, but the idea of a forum is to discuss and share views, not attack your fellow INGO member who doens't share your views. :xmad:
    That wasn't an attack.That was just my "opinion".Sorry you got your panties in a wad.I will try to be a kinder person in the future. :chillout:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I like Bill Maher. I think for the most part he's pretty funny. Some of what he said is on point in my view. After all, when was the last time a liberal went ape **** and shot a bunch of people?

I'm not saying that all conservative gun owners are crazy and about to fly off the handle and go on a shooting spree. The vast majority of conservative gun owners just want to be able to protect themselves, their families and their property.

Having said that, however, there is a minority on the far right that is very vocal about "second amendment remedies" to political issues. It's this type of language and it's pervasiveness in our current political discourse that gives these lunatics that idea that its "time" to use violence to "take America back".

I think its time to dial back this kind of language and get back to solving our political differences through dialogue and coming to reasonable policy positions that both sides can agree on. Just my two cents.

Not sure of your political leanings yet (I do have a hunch though) on these things, but to blame the "second amendment remedies" on the right is pretty one-sided. The BigGovernmentLeft has a far greater history of antagonism/violence/threats than the right, yet due to the nature of our MSM, the vast majority of these acts go unreported. I believe this kind of language has been "dialed up" because of the relentless assaults on individual freedom, the exploding expansion of government and the realizations of being forced to deal with the inevitable failures/collapse of 100 years of Progressive Liberal policies. We are on an ugly path due to these policies and we either:
    A) Begin a new era of Conservatism, shrink government and return to personal responsibility/accountability
    B) Continue with government bailing out everything due to "no fault of their own" and have government implode under its own weight
    I really see no other path, as path A will save us and path B will come to its inevitable conclusion of unsustainable failure. Either path is going to be hotly contested by the opposing party, prepare yourselves accordingly. :popcorn:

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I'm just sharing my opinion. That makes me a troll? I think you guys, are for the most part, are to bound in "group think". Having other opinions and perspectives gives everyone something to think about and discuss. :)
    I don't get into "group think". I have my own opinions and I gave mine.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Another troll checks in.:rolleyes:

:noway: we cant call anyone who thinks differently a troll

thats an express train to a closed mind...its also violence because it attacks and silences another person for simply having an opinion...it also makes us look like bad people

this site is really bad about when the leos and friends of leos attack people who are really critical of the cops,,,but if you want to be really critical of obama or joy behar or bill maher,,,you get good rep for it...

lots of people think the rhetoric is getting out of hand,,, when you can shut down any opinion you dont like,,,and when certain groups only hear themselves talk,,over and over,,,you get a very polarized country that starts to be very angry against any position they dont have---no matter how moderate the other person is...

on the internet,,,its real easy to shut down other opinions,,,just do troll and ban,,,and the other voice is adios...baby!!! people like maher who are on the outside---and hes not alone---look at gun communities and form opinions...often that arent good---please do not let this new poster see the same behavior maher sees and come to the same opinion...

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    If one watches Maher, you start to see that his whole deal is to be the wittiest one in the room. The subject doesn't matter, and the truth doesn't matter...it's all about him. As long as he makes a comment at the end of each block of conversation that seems more clever than anything anyone else said, then he appears to be "right."

Funny and clever and witty don't equal correct, they just add up to entertainment. And Bill is an entertainer. The problem is that he's believes his own BS. He actually thinks that because he's able to see an intellectual, or intelligent, or crafty laugh in something, and apply it to his politics, that it automatically makes it the truth. He mistakes laughter and applause as agreement ...and in the big picture, all that really means is he's stupid.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    For instance, you could recommend that based on their comments, they would perhaps be more comfortable living under a bridge.. That's more like a lifestyle tip.

Just casually browsing when I saw this... let's just say I'm glad I have a dark colored shirt on... it hides the soda that just shot out of my nose!

Top Bottom