• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, Here I go. I will be unpopular, but that was kind of uncalled for and I will be surprised if he don't soon find that out. Them guys are big enough to eat hay and **** in the road. There is no way that drunk girl could inflict any damage to them. It's pretty simple with me, if I am not in fear, I aint hitting no woman.....that's a last resort.

Nah no popularity issues hear. I agree that woman should be treated as such.
    Thing here is, when they start hitting they are crossing a line.The line is pretty blurry these days.
    I grew up with an evil sister that hid behind her gender. Until she really inflicted some pain and then it did not matter at that point.

Did he need to do that, maybe not. Had she really pushed some buttons, we will never know. Lady's need to act as such. Alcohol can and does bring out the beast. Drink enough to become the beast and then the rules might have to change a bit.

I see this going both ways.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I see it as officers got tired of trying to extract a drunk lady from a crowded area with obstructions. If five people wanted me out of there immediately and I was impeding them a bit it would be very frustrating for them.

Not sure why the rush to get her out of there

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If you had a man held by six officers and you got a weak backhand would you punch him in the face?

reverse the races. Black woman, white officer. This video goes viral and protests begin.

Maybe seeing everything that happened before the video would help clarify the situation.
    IF I was a cop I'd have been fired for bustin' noses of some of these jerks. Gender equality has been asked for.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If you had a man held by six officers and you got a weak backhand would you punch him in the face?

reverse the races. Black woman, white officer. This video goes viral and protests begin.

Yeah, I was gonna ask if this is when we storm the streets, break windows and steal shoes? If races were reversed you are spot on!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe seeing everything that happened before the video would help clarify the situation.
    IF I was a cop I'd have been fired for bustin' noses of some of these jerks. Gender equality has been asked for.

I think that is an underlying issue in all of this. Gender equality.
    The lines have become so blury.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    you disagree? Cop gets grazed by a woman's backhand and punches her in the face?

Race of the officer and the woman isn't relevant to the conversation, nor if the races had been reversed. From my understanding, this conversation is whether or not the officer was justified in striking the woman after she struck him. To point out the former, derails the thread, and has been shown in many an INGO thread leads down a contentious path.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is there a ***** slapped scale the cops must adhere to?

Nope. You swing on an officer, and there's a high possibility of getting your *** stomped. Man or woman, if you swang on me while I'm taking you into custody, odds are your face was smashed against the floor. Actually, I can't think of a time I didn't do that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Nope. You swing on an officer, and there's a high possibility of getting your *** stomped. Man or woman, if you swang on me while I'm taking you into custody, odds are your face was smashed against the floor. Actually, I can't think of a time I didn't do that.

I can't rep you but I support that thinking. Thumbs up!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Race of the officer and the woman isn't relevant to the conversation, nor if the races had been reversed. From my understanding, this conversation is whether or not the officer was justified in striking the woman after she struck him. To point out the former, derails the thread, and has been shown in many an INGO thread leads down a contentious path.

The action has nothing to do with race, you're right. Society's reaction however, does.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is there a ***** slapped scale the cops must adhere to?

one on one or six on one and a woman? If a lady steps on your toe can you punch her in the face?

just curious, am I allowed to punch a patient in the face when I get spit on? That is a much worse personal injury than a weak backhand

$5 says that lady got taken to the hospital before she was taken to jail. $10 says she was not punched at the hospital

ah well, I'll just leave it alone. I've said my peace

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The action has nothing to do with race, you're right. Society's reaction however, does.

Right, and if a similar instance is evident, it's fair games. However, interjecting hypotheticals.... as indicated by the phrase "if it was..." which have no factual basis to draw, doesn't offer anything to the discussion, other than divisiveness.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Only certain parts. Some people will see a black man hitting a white woman and go run for their sheets and rope. The rest of us see an officer serving up a quick attitude adjustment to the lady.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Only certain parts. Some people will see a black man hitting a white woman and go run for their sheets and rope. The rest of us see an officer serving up a quick attitude adjustment to the lady.

Sometimes it's merely sitting with a white woman in a restaurant.

Top Bottom