• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well in all fairness, I'm sure at least half of those vehicles are carrying portions of whatever science fiction like medical devices and equipment they're using to keep him upright. Dude could croak at any minute (and probably has numerous times) and they need him for awhile longer.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This guy cares about climate change........
    Not to make excuses for him and his wasteful spending, but did you actually read the article?

The long chain of vehicles to transport the first couple was needed as Italy's lockdown rules allow only three non-cohabiting people including the driver to be together in a vehicle.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not to make excuses for him and his wasteful spending, but did you actually read the article?
    "The long chain of vehicles to transport the first couple was needed as Italy's lockdown rules allow only three non-cohabiting people including the driver to be together in a vehicle."

So getting sick is a bigger worry than the world becoming uninhabitable for life due to climate change, got it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "The long chain of vehicles to transport the first couple was needed as Italy's lockdown rules allow only three non-cohabiting people including the driver to be together in a vehicle."

So getting sick is a bigger worry than the world becoming uninhabitable for life due to climate change, got it.
    Or neither one is truly a concern (since the occupants in the vehicles weren't masked according to the story I thought).

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Optics are critical on the world stage. The question you should be asking is how many of the other cars were carrying inflatable passengers?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Or neither one is truly a concern (since the occupants in the vehicles weren't masked according to the story I thought).

Well, obviously.

Actions always speak louder than words. I'm not someone who thinks the climate change crowd don't make a solid point, though. They just never offer solutions besides demanding more funding for "research."

Nature conservation is something we should always strive for, as we all too often forget that our place in the food chain isn't necessarily permanent.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, obviously.

Actions always speak louder than words. I'm not someone who thinks the climate change crowd don't make a solid point, though. They just never offer solutions besides demanding more funding for "research."

Nature conservation is something we should always strive for, as we all too often forget that our place in the food chain isn't necessarily permanent.
    Well sure, I don't think we should just run roughshod over our environment, but if we just got China and India and other "emerging" :rolleyes: countries down to the US' level it would make a huge difference in pollution levels. But then the world loses all its cheap labor and cheap ****.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well sure, I don't think we should just run roughshod over our environment, but if we just got China and India and other "emerging" :rolleyes: countries down to the US' level it would make a huge difference in pollution levels. But then the world loses all its cheap labor and cheap ****.
    Yep. Its like switching to LEDs, Electric vehicles, etc and then wondering why nothing is changing. Duh. Because literally everyone else in the state is still using incandescents, internal combustion engines, etc.

We wont see results until EVERYONE changes.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Can't help but get a giggle out of the establishment forcing petroleum on humanity and then once they're well repositioned screaming oh we have to change immediately, right now, pronto, presto change-o!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yep. Its like switching to LEDs, Electric vehicles, etc and then wondering why nothing is changing. Duh. Because literally everyone else in the state is still using incandescents, internal combustion engines, etc.

We wont see results until EVERYONE changes.
    When somebody pointed out to me that in the 1800's we had electric cars that would go 40 and 80 miles on a charge, that was an oh yeah moment. So here we are two or three world wars later, force fed technological innovation and progress out the yang yang and oh guess what...
    The world cannot use "alternative" energy until a certain dynasty sells off it's fossil fuel holdings, at which time global governance pontificates from on high that we all have to do it immediately or we'll all die like the lab rats they think we are.
    Our creator gave us a world 70% covered in recyclable fuel and a star to provide the power to process it but oh no, we mustn't use that!
    Gaahhh!

OK, I'm going to go have a nice cup of coffee and throw a paper ball for the cat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom