Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It seems like criminalization of EVERY drug is based on 'racism' simply because so many POC seem to be in the business - disproportionate representation going to lead to disproportionate incarceration

Perhaps another way to 'end the war on drugs' would be for the other side to surrender and pursue legal endeavors
    MJ has a more historical racist angle than that

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I actually agree with removing marijuana from Schedule 1. It should at least be moved to Schedule 2, as it has clearly demonstrated potential for legitimate medical use. (Maybe it needs to be removed from federal regulation entirely; but this would be a good first step.)
    These people, convicted at the federal level, have shown themselves to be unable to obey what was the law of the land at the time. Knowledge of this criminal record helps evaluate the trustworthiness of the individual as well as their propensity to be law abiding

Perhaps we should also pardon those convicted of DUI/OMVI, too, because their addiction outran their common sense.
    Why should a potential employer be allowed to have that information, it's not like self-control is important or anything

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    These people, convicted at the federal level, have shown themselves to be unable to obey what was the law of the land at the time. Knowledge of this criminal record helps evaluate the trustworthiness of the individual as well as their propensity to be law abiding

Perhaps we should also pardon those convicted of DUI/OMVI, too, because their addiction outran their common sense.
    Why should a potential employer be allowed to have that information, it's not like self-control is important or anything
    Note that I didn't comment on the pardons; only on the direction to the AG to reconsider the scheduling of marijuana.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    You obvioiusly don't understand how this game works. The majority of Americans have the attention span of a gnat. All that is necessary is a good soundbite. It's all optics in politics.

So my observation tells you I don't know how the game is played? Quite the leap but ok. :ugh:

I won't bring up that
    • the observation isn't for those with the attention span of a gnat
    • was that a squirrel?
    • does that mean you think the other people that brought up the same point also ". . . [sic] obvioiusly don't understand how this game works . . . "
    • the observation is for a discussion point
    • it is to bring attention to the point for those who can think but maybe didn't think of that question
    • no really, did anyone else see that? looked like a squirrel

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Stoping the out of town folks when they stop to pick it then run them through the system. Bail bonds men, lawyers, fines, towing charges, the whole legal system. Locals are in on it, they report to PD, cops show up make the arrest start down the money trail. Been doing it for over 50 yrs. Well known secret. Different counties have different things. Try speeding through Benton county with ILL Plates at the 41-63 split. Same thing, different day.

The tourism reference is to one time or first time travelers, those that travel those roads on a regular basis have seen it or are on the way from point a to point b on a schedule. Like work, or drop off freight. The tourists are just the ones that suffer the brunt of the damage.
    Technically the 41/63 split is in Warren county.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Technically the 41/63 split is in Warren county.
    OK technically there is a north and south split for the purpose of identifying an officers location to dispatch. And I know where the deputy parks on Benton county road 300. By the time he makes the stop he may be in Warren. Also in a short stretch of that particular road, SR-63 and US-41 are the same road. The U.S.-41 takes precedence for maintenance money and lane marking. And that’s JMO I don’t know a lot about Indiana hi ways.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So my observation tells you I don't know how the game is played? Quite the leap but ok. :ugh:

I won't bring up that
    • the observation isn't for those with the attention span of a gnat
    • was that a squirrel?
    • does that mean you think the other people that brought up the same point also ". . . [sic] obvioiusly don't understand how this game works . . . "
    • the observation is for a discussion point
    • it is to bring attention to the point for those who can think but maybe didn't think of that question
    • no really, did anyone else see that? looked like a squirrel
    • The electorate en masse has the attention span of a gnat. Your observation is irrelevant.
    • No, that's a chipmunk.
    • Yes. More than one person can be focused on the irrelevant part of the story. Doesn't make them right. Pedants abound.
    • It's a moot discussion point, as it has no relevance in the real world.
    • If the electorate could think, our choices wouldn't be a bowl of vomit or bucket of **** for President every 4 years.
    • Alvin sends his regards.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is a gift to republicans if they run with it.

Step 1. Introduce simple decriminalization legislation at fed and state levels.
    Step 2. Add expungement for “simple possession”
    Step 3. Run ads with a younger joe calling for drug possessors to be thrown in prison forever

Step 4. Win the elections and take all that sweet weed lobbying cash to fill the party coffers.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is a gift to republicans if they run with it.

Step 1. Introduce simple decriminalization legislation at fed and state levels.
    Step 2. Add expungement for “simple possession”
    Step 3. Run ads with a younger joe calling for drug possessors to be thrown in prison forever

Step 4. Win the elections and take all that sweet weed lobbying cash to fill the party coffers.

It's a gift for Republicans if they run against it!

Just another example of Dems courting the felon vote. Not a law and order type of position, and if done shouldn't be blanket but on a case by case basis

Shades of Terry McAuliffe

Top Bottom