• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, it was Trump's govt that produced these vaccines, so...

Look, I get it, limited govt, being skeptical of govt programs, doing your own research - all good things. But being obstinate just to be obstinate isn't honorable.

If your belief that govt is evil prevents you from seeing things rational, then it's time to remove the blinders.
    Why is it irrational to tell someone from the government, knocking on your door, to **** all the way off just before slamming it? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People here are quoting sketchy websites and blogs ( which is probably secretly commie propaganda), calling people guinea pigs, calling people sheep because they don't see it as a harmless "bank bug", saying, "...and some people here voted for this!", silencing other members that don't toe the line, accusing others of promoting govt propaganda, mocking others with photos and memes ...

Sure, I'm the one talking down. :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't say it's silencing people. Mocking people they don't agree with may be rude but it's not "silencing". But I have to say I could do without all the "bank bug" talk. That's kinda ridiculous.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    You all are wrong… Your vaccination status IS the government’s business:

HHS Secretary Becerra: 'Absolutely the government's business' to know which Americans haven't been vaccinated

https://www.foxnews.com/media/xavie...-government-business-americans-not-vaccinated
    Well this commie azzhat states the fedgov spent trillions in fighting the chi-com virus.....last I checked. It was the people's money....so he's wrong there, wondering what else he's wrong about?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    People here are quoting sketchy websites and blogs ( which is probably secretly commie propaganda), calling people guinea pigs, calling people sheep because they don't see it as a harmless "bank bug", saying, "...and some people here voted for this!", silencing other members that don't toe the line, accusing others of promoting govt propaganda, mocking others with photos and memes ...

Kinda like what you are doing here ^:lol2:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It's not even FDA approved and you act like being skeptical of it is crazy fringe nonsense.

As for the voting matter, yeah we warned them exactly what would happen, so their options are limited for complaint if they did something they were told the consequences of long beforehand.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is a terrible overreaching idea.

- People know by now how to get a shot if they want one.
    So there's another agenda involved besides just talking to people about getting a shot.

- There will be crooks going door to door masquerading like they're from the government as a pretext for people to let their guard down, open the door, and be robbed.

-Don't think for a second that the people sent door to door won't also be instructed to keep their eyes and ears open to report on ANYTHING they see to open the door for even more government intrusion later.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

So there's another agenda involved besides just talking to people about getting a shot.

- There will be crooks going door to door masquerading like they're from the government as a pretext for people to let their guard down, open the door, and be robbed.

-Don't think for a second that the people sent door to door won't also be instructed to keep their eyes and ears open to report on ANYTHING they see to open the door for even more government intrusion later.
    Sounds good me like you are on it 3 for 3.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

That's why no stranger comes into my home. I step outside to talk it isn't no one's business what is inside my home. Although it's very boring, however I do not allow strangers to see anything because one could be connected to a home invader type group/thief. What they do not know is better for everyone involved. Another reason my 93lb dog doesn't like strangers on property so I step out to do my talking while they get a good listen to what awaits them inside if they so choose to enter.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

1. I dont think theres a hidden agenda involved. I think you can reach people who dont care one way or the other, dont want to be bothered with setting up an appointment, etc. This move will get a lot of fence sitters to do it just because they dont even have to leave the house. Thats an easy increase in vaccinated numbers.

2. This happens with almost every door to door business. People pretend to be comcast, fedex, you name it. There will always be someone who wants to scam you no matter what.

3. Theres an entire government agency that already goes door to door everyday, knows what types of things you get and who you correspond with. They know what times you are home and what time you arent. They know which political party sends you donation requests. So i dont think they would need to create something to spy on you just one time when USPS already exists and is capable of doing it daily.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    1. I dont think theres a hidden agenda involved. I think you can reach people who dont care one way or the other, dont want to be bothered with setting up an appointment, etc. This move will get a lot of fence sitters to do it just because they dont even have to leave the house. Thats an easy increase in vaccinated numbers.

2. This happens with almost every door to door business. People pretend to be comcast, fedex, you name it. There will always be someone who wants to scam you no matter what.

3. Theres an entire government agency that already goes door to door everyday, knows what types of things you get and who you correspond with. They know what times you are home and what time you arent. They know which political party sends you donation requests. So i dont think they would need to create something to spy on you just one time when USPS already exists and is capable of doing it daily.
    We'll just have to disagree.

1. Maybe

2. But in this case, there will be massive publicity to expect people coming to their door to ask them if they had the shot, and trying to talk them into it if they haven't.
    So people won't be surprised by somebody claiming to be from the shot people.
    Whereas, somebody showing up at their door out of the blue claiming to be from "comcast, fedex, you name it" will be much more of a red flag.

3. The USPS has never come to my door.
    Where I live, it's a small miracle that my mail gets delivered at all with any accuracy.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    We'll just have to disagree.

1. Maybe

2. But in this case, there will be massive publicity to expect people coming to their door to ask them if they had the shot, and trying to talk them into it if they haven't.
    So people won't be surprised by somebody claiming to be from the shot people.
    Whereas, somebody showing up at their door out of the blue claiming to be from "comcast, fedex, you name it" will be much more of a red flag.

3. The USPS has never come to my door.
    Where I live, it's a small miracle that my mail gets delivered at all with any accuracy.
    2. Thats fair
    3. USPS comes to my door for packages that dont fit in the mailbox or for signatures. I dont live in the city but they go door to door on foot there. I agree though that "rain, sleet or snow" has become laughable. If its not 75 and sunny theres a chance they leave me a note telling me why they couldn't deliver the mail.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And you're acting like government agents coming to your door, wanting to inject you with non-FDA approved chemicals, is somehow totally normal and acceptable.
    I'd fully expect that in the midst of a pandemic of a virus and fake news (e.g. "the great reset"). Controlling disease outbreaks is one valid function of a government.

And if the FDA approved it for emergency use, then it is de facto approved for this situation.
    And name one thing that you eat, drink or breath that can't technically be called a "chemical".

I'm not saying it's safe, or right, or good; just trying to look at it rationally instead of throwing out fearmongering buzzwords.

Top Bottom