• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

One of the more interesting lines in an interesting peaces reads as follows: "The problem for Mr. Musk is that SpaceX has been awarded lucrative contracts by the Earth-based U.S. government. If SpaceX were to create a colony on Mars, because of the company’s contractual relationship with the U.S. government, Washington very much expects that colony to be an American endeavor. "

I was unaware that acceptance of government contracts in exchange for goods and services signified perpetual indentured servitude.

At some point, we're going to have frontiers again, and there will be people who want to leave Earth for the moon, a space station, or even Mars. Do you think the questions of ownership and jurisdiction will be settled amicably?

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

One of the more interesting lines in an interesting peaces reads as follows: "The problem for Mr. Musk is that SpaceX has been awarded lucrative contracts by the Earth-based U.S. government. If SpaceX were to create a colony on Mars, because of the company’s contractual relationship with the U.S. government, Washington very much expects that colony to be an American endeavor. "

I was unaware that acceptance of government contracts in exchange for goods and services signified perpetual indentured servitude.

At some point, we're going to have frontiers again, and there will people who want to leave Earth for the moon, a space station, or even Mars. Do you think the questions of ownership and jurisdiction will be settled amicably?
    Sounds like when people left Europe....

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another thought I have is that unless the government has some secret space weapons musk can pretty much do what he wants. As it looks right now he is about 40-60 years ahead of any government in the world in terms of space tech

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Isn't this out of date? The FAA allowed the flight and it was completed the other day. Blew up on landing following an engine failure, but it did happen. Nothing's been permanently canceled.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Another thought I have is that unless the government has some secret space weapons musk can pretty much do what he wants. As it looks right now he is about 40-60 years ahead of any government in the world in terms of space tech
    I would imagine permission is required to launch anything through US controlled airspace.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh look, Biden handicapping the country so China can have the lead. How very surprising.

Is this ******* clown going to do anything that actually benefits this country?

For those that get their news from MSM, this is a race to the asteroid belt for rare earth metals and Biden is selling us out to the Chinese, but the big guy gets his...

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

If you can boost cargo at interplanetary distances, dropping an asteroid on the White House is child's play. You'd think that be an incentive to play nice on both sides, alas.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Isn't this out of date? The FAA allowed the flight and it was completed the other day. Blew up on landing following an engine failure, but it did happen. Nothing's been permanently canceled.
    They're making him jumping through bureaucratic hoops that shouldn't apply to experimental aircraft. And as the article points out, that's not the only potential pressure point.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would imagine permission is required to launch anything through US controlled airspace.
    Right. My point with the space tech thing is that Elon is pretty much a real life Tony Stark. If given proper incentive he could probably have some crazy weapons tech to arm those space craft with pretty quickly.

Edit: I also wonder just how much musing has he already done on the problem of arming his craft or space weapons already. I’d be absolutely shocked if he hasn’t at least tossed the idea around that dome of his.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    bidet has the "Montezuma Touch"... everything he touches turns to ****.

kingmidas.jpg

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    All the evidence to charge Obiden already exists.. to bad the fox OWNS the hen house... if they didn't that insane traitor could surely be impeached. I can't believe that are not enough dems left with a good conscience to supplement a republican led charge. They have been desperate to impeach a president.. well, here's their chance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    All the evidence to charge Obiden already exists.. to bad the fox OWNS the hen house... if they didn't that insane traitor could surely be impeached. I can't believe that are not enough dems left with a good conscience to supplement a republican led charge. They have been desperate to impeach a president.. well, here's their chance.

There aren't enough Republicans who aren't beholden to the system to lead that charge, even fewer with the backbone if they weren't.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    There aren't enough Republicans who aren't beholden to the system to lead that charge, even fewer with the backbone if they weren't.
    I have to agree unfortunately... its just so sad that so many are willing to throw away the values that made this such a great country.. its evident as you look back in history that its been slowly eroded intentionally.. knowing my 13 year old son and 6 year old daughter will grow up in a tyranny... well, it just leaves me speechless almost.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

At some point, we're going to have frontiers again, and there will be people who want to leave Earth for the moon, a space station, or even Mars. Do you think the questions of ownership and jurisdiction will be settled amicably?
    The future could easily become the politics of The Expanse minus the protomolecule.

Top Bottom