Best SHTF Vehicle (consumer-grade, within reason)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I purchased it from www.govliquidation.com a few years ago. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it was less than $1500. My father in law & I picked it up from a base in northern Wisconsin. Drove home without incident. I picked the plow up off Craigslist for a couple hundred bucks. It's rough around the edges, but I love it. About the only thing I have really had to do to it was replace the glow plugs. My boys love riding to the range with our rifles in the oem rifle mounts inside the cab!

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    The WORST AWD I have ever seen in a vehicle. The WORST treatment of tires I have ever seen in a vehicle that wasn't labelled "Jeep" even with excellent alignment.

-Nate

I have to agree...had a 2005 CR-V with "Real Time" AWD, was worthless in snow. So bad that I swore my next car would be better. Took a chance on the Subaru Forester, best vehicle I've had in snow.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Top 5 vehicles that are marketed as off roaders, but aren't.

[video=youtube_share;N8yMKYz8zv4]http://youtu.be/N8yMKYz8zv4[/video]

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My 2009 Toyota Tacoma fits the bill quite nicely. There`s a very good reason you see Toyota being driven on the news clips of people in war zones screaming by in a Tacoma; it`s because those trucks always run, are dependable without a lot of maintenance. They`re kinda the Glocks of vehicles.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    That was one of my favorite episodes of TopGear. They tried to kill a Toyota Hilux (diesel Tacoma). They never could kill it.
    My 2009 Toyota Tacoma fits the bill quite nicely. There`s a very good reason you see Toyota being driven on the news clips of people in war zones screaming by in a Tacoma; it`s because those trucks always run, are dependable without a lot of maintenance. They`re kinda the Glocks of vehicles.

Top Bottom