• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have had good luck buying straight from the horses mouth. I called and had some questions they were glad to help me out.

I am ready for an upgrade. Just posted my Square Deal B and want to pick up a 650.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I have had good luck buying straight from the horses mouth. I called and had some questions they were glad to help me out.

I am ready for an upgrade. Just posted my Square Deal B and want to pick up a 650.

We'd love the chance to earn your business...same prices as direct.

Also, we do take trade ins.....let me know if you want to look at that option.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just picked up a 650 a few weeks ago and have been having a really good time with it. I've loaded a couple thousand rounds of 9mm and had very few spent primers miss the cup. Its not a big worry to me if they do though I did read about the issue. On the other hand the ski ramp for the fresh primers that miss the case is really painful. About half of the primers that hit the ramp jump over the side. Since you can't turn off the primer feed on the 650 its annoying. You run out of bullets but still have 3 cases to run through the rest of the dies and that means you either dump 3 primers or prime 3 cases to set aside, which is what I've been doing. At some point later when you run the primer system out you can take your primed cases and slip them into the system at the priming station.
    I have had some powder popping out of the 9mm cases due to the jerky stop and start of the shell plate but not as much as I thought I'd have from the reviews. So far I'm pretty pleased.

Frank

Buy the spent primer kit and ski jump upgrade from eBay. The guy that has the best kits list on his post about another guy copying his designs. I have both kits and love them. If you can't find the right one just send me a message and I will send a link.

Trimming one loop off the the spring under the detent ball will help alleviate some of the snap as the ball locks in the shell plate.

I also have a bullet ready in hand and place it in the powder loaded case as it lock into place at station 4. By holding the bullet in the case it reduces the snap into place. I loose almost no powder out of the cases with this technique.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Buy the spent primer kit and ski jump upgrade from eBay. The guy that has the best kits list on his post about another guy copying his designs. I have both kits and love them. If you can't find the right one just send me a message and I will send a link.

Trimming one loop off the the spring under the detent ball will help alleviate some of the snap as the ball locks in the shell plate.

I also have a bullet ready in hand and place it in the powder loaded case as it lock into place at station 4. By holding the bullet in the case it reduces the snap into place. I loose almost no powder out of the cases with this technique.

I have read about some people having some issues with powder spill and primers going all over. Kind of scares me that I would have to mod a new machine like that. Then again I am very mechanical and those are things that can be fixed.

For the Square Deal B I have a threaded nipple going into the bottom of the press with a hose going into an old powder can. Works nice! Soon as I manage to sell it I will get a new 650 on order. I want to step up production and eliminate some of the time burglar aspect to hand loading. Maybe only load for one or two calibers as well and sell a couple more guns.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Shot out to Kimball at Bobcat. Was able to trade in my current equipment toward a new XL650. Can't wait to get it into service.

Top Bottom