• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Seems an appropriate 12/5 pour. Cheers, Murica.
    116920690cfc1cb057be39f3e44cb117.jpg
    Wild Turkey 101 is my "go to" bourbon. Definitely a great pour for the price!

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    not a bad price. I almost missed it. bottles are usually $65-75 around here.

if you’ve written off cognac because Hennessy VS or other cheaper bottles have soured your opinion, maybe give this a shot (pun intended) sometime. it’s a great drink to have neat and interesting pour for typical bourbon-only folks.

IMG_1273.jpeg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    FYI, Old Glory Distillery is now distributing some of their liquor online. It's a fairly young (2016) distillery on the TN/KY line, and I go there every time I go to see my daughter and son in law at Ft. Campbell. Last time we were there, we did the tour and tasting and it was awesome! Their Small Batch Bourbon is currently my go-to, and their Bottled in Bond is smooth and delicious. For $45, the small batch is definitely worth the try.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I thought this was interesting.

One of my first bottles was BT... for me it was "meh" compared to the Elija Craig SB (store select), Weller and Larceny I had at the time (throw in a bottle of Eagle Rare Store Select, and that was my first 5 bottles)... ended up using the bottle for mixers.

That was years ago... I do have a bottle to try it again (and for friends who like it).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One of my first bottles was BT... for me it was "meh" compared to the Elija Craig SB (store select), Weller and Larceny I had at the time (throw in a bottle of Eagle Rare Store Select, and that was my first 5 bottles)... ended up using the bottle for mixers.

That was years ago... I do have a bottle to try it again (and for friends who like it).
    My friends and I decided to cut back on drinking higher end stuff to just one glass of the more expensive bourbon and additional glasses are more affordable bourbons. BT is in that affordable group and we find it pretty good, whereas I used to look down my nose at it. Others in the affordable group are Larceny, Makers 46, Benchmark, to name the current batch.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    My friends and I decided to cut back on drinking higher end stuff to just one glass of the more expensive bourbon and additional glasses are more affordable bourbons. BT is in that affordable group and we find it pretty good, whereas I used to look down my nose at it. Others in the affordable group are Larceny, Makers 46, Benchmark, to name the current batch.
    It's interesting how regional differences make a maker desirable.
    My Brother is in VA and for some inexplicable reason BT is unavailable in the state run liquor stores. So down there it highly sought after

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Sub Makers 101 for 46 and I have the same list... plus a few rounds in, Evan Williams BiB (white label) is pretty decent bourbon (just use the neck pour for cocktails, lol).

I need to give Makers 46 and Woodford Double Oak another try sometime as well. Each I had when out for dinner and found them too oaky for my tastes... I have the same issue with high tanin cabs, so maybe I'll have sweet tea with dinner and try them, lol!

Darn, now I'm thinking of some ribs...

ETA: Wife's favorite Old Fashion is with Larceny, so I ALWAYS have it. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got a bottle of bourbon as a gift. Opened it tonight.

Round Barn Bourbon.

They claim:

Baroda Straight Bourbon

Tasting Notes: Cherry Wood • Vanilla • White Pepper
    Aged 3+ years in new charred American oak barrels, handcrafted in Michigan. 705 local non-GMO corn is the perfect backbone for this rye-styled spicy straight bourbon. Excellent after dinner to sip neat, on the rocks, or in a Manhattan.

Now honestly I don't know what Cherry Wood tastes like, but I did taste some vanilla. In the mouth the flavor is VERY mild. As in pretty close tasteless. Sorry to say that, and I am not trying to complain about a gift. But there is very little flavor to this bourbon. It goes over your tongue easily, but once it goes down your gullet there is a distinct burn. Sometimes on the first sip of a new whiskey I experience that, but usually the 2nd sip that is a non-issue. Not with this one. Every sip was nearly flavorless and every sip burned on the way down.

Probably best to relegate this to "mixer" status and use it in a drink that has other strong flavors and just needs a whisky base.

Just my opinion, yours may be very different. Enjoy if you wish.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Here are a couple of my favorites. The Russells Reserve Single Barrel goes over the $50 mark, but the Rare Breed is $50 when I buy it at Total Wine. The regular Russells Reserve 10 Year is also excellent and well under $50.
    image0.jpeg

Top Bottom