Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Not bourbon but well worth it
    Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey
    yvUjMR8h.jpg
    I've actually toured and tasted at their facility in Baltimore. Pretty cool place.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Grabbed this at Kroger today for ~$46 after tax. Pretty good stuff. I was intrigued being from Indiana and wanted to try it.
    View attachment 138798
    Huber has a 92 Proof Carl T Bourbon that is currently my favorite. Right now I'm working on this one, from Cardinal Spirits out of Bloomington. They claim to have found an Indiana distillery that has been in operation since 1847. It is a high rye and does show its sweet side.
    009.jpg

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Yes that is the Hirsch I got. Not impressed. Maybe it will be to your liking.

Is Blantons hard to get? I usually have no issue getting it. Picked on up about a week ago for $60 at one of the local shops.

I really never see it in the wild but have a source I get one from every couple months or so. Hell I have not opened one in a year and have 3 stashed away now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I really never see it in the wild but have a source I get one from every couple months or so. Hell I have not opened one in a year and have 3 stashed away now.
    If you have 3 stashed away then why don't you open one? I'm not a bottle collector. I guess some people collect the Blanton's for the horses, which spell out B L A N T O N S and each horse is a different pose.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    If you have 3 stashed away then why don't you open one? I'm not a bottle collector. I guess some people collect the Blanton's for the horses, which spell out B L A N T O N S and each horse is a different pose.

I do collect a lot of bottles and 90% of them are open prob around 50 or so. I have a few that are not yet tho. Blantons is good and have drank a few but im always using them as trade fodder on a bourbon page to get ones im looking for as they are so sougth after. Been trying to get hands on EHT single barrel (amazing by the way) and Stagg as of late

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There are too many excellent bourbons to waste time chasing unicorns. I understand some people collect just for the thrill of the hunt, and I can understand that aspect. The only one I’ve heard enough hype to interest me is William Larue Weller. I’d like to try a sample to see if it lives up to the hype.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    There are too many excellent bourbons to waste time chasing unicorns. I understand some people collect just for the thrill of the hunt, and I can understand that aspect. The only one I’ve heard enough hype to interest me is William Larue Weller. I’d like to try a sample to see if it lives up to the hype.

For me its really the thrill because my favorite 2 are found on the shelf of all stores. 1792 and Knob Creek 12. The ones I also really like such as EHT a unicorn are a game for me to find.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It does.

So does George T. Stagg

E.H.Taylor Single Barrel
    is good and easier to find. Both George T and W.L.W. are only released in the fall.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Anyone had any offerings of Dryfly? Came recomended from an employee in our trip down south this past week.
    I won the DRY FLY with the RED logo (101 Bourbon I think) a few yrs ago at a party. Unfortunately my friends, there convinced me to sample it... 3/4 of it. When I got home my wife wanted to try too. Sad thing was we loved it. Have not looked for it lately but it was not available in Ft. Wayne at the time. WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I won the DRY FLY with the RED logo (101 Bourbon I think) a few yrs ago at a party. Unfortunately my friends, there convinced me to sample it... 3/4 of it. When I got home my wife wanted to try too. Sad thing was we loved it. Have not looked for it lately but it was not available in Ft. Wayne at the time. WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!
    We have the 5 year offering. I like it, have to take another drink to give more details. Id buy again.

Top Bottom