• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geraldfritz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Chesterton, Indiana
    i have a Glock 19 and absolutely love it. Have shot roughly 1100 rounds through it since mid october. Great gun. Easy to clean and maintain. And plenty of sights and other accessories that you can use to customize it to your liking.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you want to go on the cheap, I saw a new Bersa 9mm (not the high capacity one) at the shop in the Beech Grove for like $309. It has been a couple of weeks.

If it is anything near as reliable as the Bersa Thunder 380, it would be a good range gun.

By the way, the shop in Beech Grove is super nice and the people there are very friendly and helpful. I haven't bought anything there, but went in just to check it out and I was happy to find another option in the Indianapolis area.

My :twocents:...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The Air Force, Marine, Army and Navy use the Beretta M9 9mm

The Coast Guard uses the Sig P229 .40.

Unless your friend was an officer, he would have been issued an M16 or M4.

In the Army, only the Green Beenies have the option to use another sidearm.

Now, if your buddy was an Operator after he got out of the service, that'd make sense. :patriot:

There are a lot of agencies that use the 226 though.

In the Marines not only officers carry M9, machine gunners, corpsman, snipers all carry sidearms. At least thats the way it was when I was in. We also were alowed to take personal weapons when on a cruise, we just had to store them in the ships armory. When we had to go in for real they alowed us to draw our wepons and even issued ammo for them. Now my platoon sargent made me keep it under my flak jacket, something about geneva convention, if captured they are supposed to let you keep your flak jacket. I don't know I was only a lance corpal at the time and was just happy they let me talke my colt 1911 with me.:D

hschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    wow

i did not expect that the thread i would follow with most interesst would be my own - somebody commented that it is my own fault for asking which is best - my only problem now is that i would like to have all of them:rolleyes:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    i did not expect that the thread i would follow with most interesst would be my own - somebody commented that it is my own fault for asking which is best - my only problem now is that i would like to have all of them:rolleyes:

I fail to see this as a "problem" :dunno:

:rockwoot:

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne

A simple solution....
    Get one of each!:D

I have a Beretta M9 and Glock 17s...
    I carry a Glock 17 every day. My bugout gear has a Glock 17 and I recommend Glock 17s to anyone looking for a 9mm.
    The Glock 17 is the AK of the sidearm family and the reputation for reliability and durability is well deserved.

Silverlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anderson
    There expensive but I would recommend any of H&K's P& series. Also if you plan on carrying, they are one of the best carry guns. I believe one is still being sold on the firearm classifieds.

Top Bottom