• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is this your first and only handgun? Do you already have your LTCH (License to Carry a Handgun) or are you going to apply?

(In Indiana, you must have a LTCH in order to transport to any range)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe as long as firearm is cleared, locked and stored in trunk and, ammunition is kept locked in glove box it is perfectly fine to transport. I could be completely wrong but if I am wrong, I don't think you would be able to purchase Pistols without LTCH proof.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I just want to make sure that hschmidt doesnt get the wrong impression.

Ruger SR9 is what I currently own. But all others listed are good as well.https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/hschmidt.html

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe as long as firearm is cleared, locked and stored in trunk and, ammunition is kept locked in glove box it is perfectly fine to transport. I could be completely wrong but if I am wrong, I don't think you would be able to purchase Pistols without LTCH proof.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I just want to make sure that hschmidt doesnt get the wrong impression.

Ruger SR9 is what I currently own. But all others listed are good as well.

Yup, you are incorrect. Transporting from the place of purchase to your home/business is one of the few exceptions to transporting without a LTCH. Just going to the range requires one :yesway:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I believe in trusting the experts. My friend Ed is a former Army Ranger. Veteran of Granada and Somalia. He has protected and killed with the Sig 9mm. He says " Those who depend on a Glock, will come down with GLOCKCOMA". I have (2) 40cal glocks, (1) 40 XD, and a plethera of 1911's. My Sig functions flawlessly and consistantly shoots better groups than my tricked out 1911's. He and I stood side by side at the range. He drew and fired 2 in the chest and 1 in the head faster than I could draw and put 1 in the chest with my Springfield 1911. I was humbled. And he is now my newest best friend!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Greetings all

i am looking to get a pistol primarily for taking to the range for some handgun practice

from my past experience i like the 9mm - (9x19) - as it is not too expensive and is still a "decent" round..

i have been thinking about several options:

Beretta 92
    Beretta 92
    Beretta 92
    Beretta 92

do you have any suggestions to the above - or even new suggestions??

thanks

h.
    I fixed it for you. :D

You were thinking right, Beretta 92FS Italian with Brigadier Slide

Don't let the rest of these guys fool you into a glock or something else inferior. Maybe S&W MP9. :D:twocents::laugh:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    He and I stood side by side at the range. He drew and fired 2 in the chest and 1 in the head faster than I could draw and put 1 in the chest with my Springfield 1911.

Nothing personal here, but that has more to do with the shooter than it does the gun itself.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If the range is a place that employs a gunsmith....?

Some read the law that way, I read it as taking your gun to a place for repair. I like to err on the side of caution though, don't wanna be some prosecuter's test case :yesway:. I have no reasoning to back this up, just the way I read the law, doesn't really matter though, I have a lifetime :thumbsup:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Greetings all

i am looking to get a pistol primarily for taking to the range for some handgun practice

from my past experience i like the 9mm - (9x19) - as it is not too expensive and is still a "decent" round..

i have been thinking about several options:

Glock19
    Springfield XDm
    Ruger 96
    Beretta 92

do you have any suggestions to the above - or even new suggestions??

thanks

h.

G19, IMHO

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I believe in trusting the experts. My friend Ed is a former Army Ranger. Veteran of Granada and Somalia. He has protected and killed with the Sig 9mm.

The Air Force, Marine, Army and Navy use the Beretta M9 9mm

The Coast Guard uses the Sig P229 .40.

Unless your friend was an officer, he would have been issued an M16 or M4.

In the Army, only the Green Beenies have the option to use another sidearm.

Now, if your buddy was an Operator after he got out of the service, that'd make sense. :patriot:

There are a lot of agencies that use the 226 though.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    If you are going in 9mm, I have to say Beretta 92 hands down. Bought my first one in 1988 and still have it. Blew it apart in my hand with a load I probably doublecharged. The way it is built probably saved some skin. Replaced the lug, pins and springs, back up the next day. After my first Iraq tour, got a 96G slide, barrel and mags, and carried it in .40. Just wanted something a little heavier, and it only cost another $200. Plus, I just have a hard time carrying hammerless.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom