• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    They are excellent pistols. I had the cc version and never had any problems. I would look into the Bersa BP9cc as well. It's 9mm and similar in size. 9mm is also cheaper than 380acp.

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    It is my daily carry...

7680483560_097f21f5d7_c.jpg

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    It is my daily carry...

7680483560_097f21f5d7_c.jpg
    It's just sad when a holster is bigger than a gun.lol

Bersa makes one of the best 380's available. I've had a few and all were accurate and reliable. For the money,there are many 9mm's that are just as good and easier to find though.

Tater22LR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Columbus Area
    My wife has a Bersa 380 cc. It is a decent gun. She has had a few jams. All fail to feed with Winchester white box from WalMart. There is also an issue sith realeasing the slide with an empty mag inserted. The plastic tab on the magazine follower deformed doin this now the empty mag has to be ejctes to allow the slide lever to release. it works fine with a loaded mag. Things that concern me is getting her to understand the double action / single action difference since the safety also acts as a decocker. I have an XDM 9mm which is striker fired. For my wife I think a striker fired pistol would be easier for her to use in a high stress situation. Diamondback makes a striker fired 380 but I have read some things online about them breaking. That may be an old issue dunno? You have the LCP and Sig pocket 380 as an option also but they have long DAO trigger pull which isn't really geared towards accuracy. I have been looking for her something different but haven't settled in anything yet. My $.02.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have one and love it. My wife shoots it quite well too. We've put several hundred through it with no problems at all. New or used they seem to be about the same price. I got mine for $225 new. But these crazy days, who knows.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I picked one up for the wife a few weeks ago from PSS, $280 is what we paid. FWIW, my XDS is a hair bigger, and shoots a much bigger caliber.

I have not had a chance to take either to a range just yet.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought a new one and I felt it was to small but then I have big hands. I prefer larger caliber for defence but 380 is good to start with beacuse of the low recoil. I would not carry less then 9mm and prefer 40- 45's

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Have 2. One is a Thunder Plus(15 rd), and other is a standard Thunder(7 shot).Both great shooters with hollow point ammo or ball rounds. You won't find a better firearm for the money.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I got a used (but LNIB) 380cc from BGF a couple years ago for $210.

Best deal on a pistol every. Has been flawless since.

FWIW, the cc model with aftermarket grips fits my daughter's hands perfectly.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have the 380 CC and love the gun. Recently purchased a 9 round magazine that has the extension. Really fits my hand nice. My wife fired it for the first time and was dead on accurate.

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    I messed with a CC a bit before I bought my Thunder. It looks and feels like a nice gun. The only reason I didn't buy it was I didn't care for the sights or the grips that much. But it's a personal preference. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They are fine guns, especially at the price point. Trigger is smooth, but with a pretty long pull and reset. Doesn't stack badly.

Functions very similarly to a PPK. It can be safely carried with the thumb safety off assuming you have a quality holster. The thumb safety doubles as a decocker, making for pretty simple operation.

Break down and maintenance are easy. Holster selection has gotten better over the years. PPK holsters that are molded will NOT work as the trigger guard is slightly longer on the Bersa.

If you can find a Firestorm version, the sights are a bit better and they come with really nice rubber grips that are soft, yet durable, and very grippy.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'm thinking about getting one in 380 for my fiancé. Small and inexpensive. Are they durable though?

Adee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2012
    I highly recommend it. I have the Thunder as my EDC. Aside from an issue with the mag safety not engaging, (fixed under the 1 year warranty), it is a great pistol. Easy to take apart and clean.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I messed with a CC a bit before I bought my Thunder. It looks and feels like a nice gun. The only reason I didn't buy it was I didn't care for the sights or the grips that much. But it's a personal preference. :)

The CC's stock grips suck. But if you put aftermarket grips like these on it. I think it is much better than the regular thunder or the Pro. Fits the hand much better.

Bersa.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I too bought one for my wife to carry. Her LTCH hasn't arrived yet and I carried the Bersa until my new holster came for my EDC. Last Nov. I saw 7+1 Bersas going for 275. When my wife discovered Crimson Trace she had to have it so we spent 460 for her dual tone bersa with Crimson Trace.

Overall, fantastic little handgun as long as you're not trying to set any records out to 25 yds. I've actually considered getting one for myself since it is much smaller than my sig

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My wife has a Bersa 380 cc. It is a decent gun. She has had a few jams. All fail to feed with Winchester white box from WalMart. There is also an issue sith realeasing the slide with an empty mag inserted. The plastic tab on the magazine follower deformed doin this now the empty mag has to be ejctes to allow the slide lever to release. it works fine with a loaded mag. Things that concern me is getting her to understand the double action / single action difference since the safety also acts as a decocker. I have an XDM 9mm which is striker fired. For my wife I think a striker fired pistol would be easier for her to use in a high stress situation. Diamondback makes a striker fired 380 but I have read some things online about them breaking. That may be an old issue dunno? You have the LCP and Sig pocket 380 as an option also but they have long DAO trigger pull which isn't really geared towards accuracy. I have been looking for her something different but haven't settled in anything yet. My $.02.

WWB ammo is crap ammo. Doesn't cycle correctly in most guns.

Top Bottom