• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    whats the honest, unbiased comparison of the Beretta 92 with the Glock or Sig 9mm pistols.

whats the accuracy difference?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    All three are perfectly good guns. Good enough that you're getting into personal preference territory. And accuracy is pretty much an operator function among these three. As you've just seen, one guy likes glocks best, one sig. Pretty soon someone will mention beretta's being used by the military... and on and on. I'd go to a shop and fondle all three. See which "fits" your hand best. Then see if you can shoot your two favorites with a friend or seven, or maybe rent 'em at a range. I do have a decided favorite among the three, but it's not really relevant to your own search.

Oh, and I'll arm wrestle you for that avatar! Go Blue!

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    All three are perfectly good guns. Good enough that you're getting into personal preference territory. And accuracy is pretty much an operator function among these three. As you've just seen, one guy likes glocks best, one sig. Pretty soon someone will mention beretta's being used by the military... and on and on. I'd go to a shop and fondle all three. See which "fits" your hand best. Then see if you can shoot your two favorites with a friend or seven, or maybe rent 'em at a range. I do have a decided favorite among the three, but it's not really relevant to your own search.

This. :yesway: To each their own.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cant go wrong with any of those three. All are great and it is just personal preference. Myself, I like Glocks, but they are not for everyone. Sigs are excellent guns, but they just do not feel right in my hand no matter how hard I try. Beretta 92 feels really nice in my hand. To each his own. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Cant go wrong with any of those three. All are great and it is just personal preference. Myself, I like Glocks, but they are not for everyone. Sigs are excellent guns, but they just do not feel right in my hand no matter how hard I try. Beretta 92 feels really nice in my hand. To each his own. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

i feel the same way. i just do not like the feel of the Sigs pistols. the Beretta is a great gun, but it's a bit large for CC. i love my glock26.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I could give you the same boring response everyone does "they are all good, get one and practice with it. you can't go wrong with any of those." But thats gay.

Get a Glock!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Easy, get one of each!

Or two of each (one for each hand).

In reality, all are fine firearms and provide 10% of the needed accuracy. Guess where the other 90% comes from??? ;)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All 3 are great guns. I feel the Beretta and the Sigs just naturally feel better to me, but I still prefer the Glock. It just took a little more practice to have it grow on me. I just like the simplicity and all the things I can do with a Glock. Reliability isn't a issue here.. I find all 3 you mentioned are very reliable.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    whats the honest, unbiased comparison of the Beretta 92 with the Glock or Sig 9mm pistols.

whats the accuracy difference?

Objectively:

Any one of them is as dependable and reliable as the others.
    The Beretta and the Sig are more accurate than the Glock. I get better accuracy from the Beretta, but that may well be because the gun fits me better. The Glock is more than adequate
    The Glock MAY withstand abuse better than the others. But any of the three will withstand hard, sane, use as well as the others. So long as you don't feel an urge to drag your gun behind your truck, this is a draw.
    There are Sigs and Glocks available which are smaller and easier to conceal than the Berettas. The Beretta can be concealed, but it takes work and proper attention to dress. Even the no longer made compact Berettas suffered from this affliction.

Subjectively
    The Beretta feels best in the hand to me. It sits lower in the hand than the Sig, and quicker recovery between shots. The Glock doesn't feel right in my hand, and doesn't point well.
    I think the Beretta is smoother overall to operate, but the Sig's double action trigger is a thing of beauty.
    The Beretta is the best looking of the bunch. Fans of the others may disagree. But they are wrong :D

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Holy Cow! I agree with Joe. Well said.

I can't see how someone could give a thumbs down to any of these guns (earlier posts).

Furthermore, there are so many types of Sigs and Berettas; with Glock you get the Henry Ford approach - so never mind. But which Beretta? A 92 Stock with the conical bushing, a combat, a 92FS? Which Sig? The X-5?

For me, I collect beretta - as they fit _me_ well.

Objectively:

Any one of them is as dependable and reliable as the others.
    The Beretta and the Sig are more accurate than the Glock. I get better accuracy from the Beretta, but that may well be because the gun fits me better. The Glock is more than adequate
    The Glock MAY withstand abuse better than the others. But any of the three will withstand hard, sane, use as well as the others. So long as you don't feel an urge to drag your gun behind your truck, this is a draw.
    There are Sigs and Glocks available which are smaller and easier to conceal than the Berettas. The Beretta can be concealed, but it takes work and proper attention to dress. Even the no longer made compact Berettas suffered from this affliction.

Subjectively
    The Beretta feels best in the hand to me. It sits lower in the hand than the Sig, and quicker recovery between shots. The Glock doesn't feel right in my hand, and doesn't point well.
    I think the Beretta is smoother overall to operate, but the Sig's double action trigger is a thing of beauty.
    The Beretta is the best looking of the bunch. Fans of the others may disagree. But they are wrong :D

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    All three are quality firearms and the parts are easy to find. Beretta's customer service on the other hand is very usless to the common person. They are too quick to blow you off.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Wow, I learned something new today.

Berettas and SIGs are more accurate than Glocks.

I own all three. It's good to put that whole accuracy thing to rest.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    All three are quality firearms and the parts are easy to find. Beretta's customer service on the other hand is very usless to the common person. They are too quick to blow you off.

Sig or glock isn't much better...

I doubt very few on here would be able to take full advantage of the accuracy of any of these guns. All are superb weapons.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    All three are generally reliable and durable. I am most accurate with the Beretta and I would get it. Sig and glock stock triggers are just not my thing. I would rank Beretta first followed by Sig and Glock if I wanted something lighter to carry.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I could give you the same boring response everyone does "they are all good, get one and practice with it. you can't go wrong with any of those." But thats gay.

Get a Glock!
    "Expand your vocabulary. Having a wider knowledge of words that you have at your disposal is amazingly useful, and makes you seem more tolerant and intelligent to the casual observer or audience. Buy yourself a thesaurus or research on the internet for synonyms of words that you would want to use as alternatives to gay."

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Made up your mind yet, OP?

Polymer framed...vs metal framed...

Of the metal framed... want a steel alloy or an aluminum alloy?

What caliber?

How large are your hands?

What other types of handguns do you have experience with?

If you've got small hands, the Beretta 92 with the wrap-around grips is going to feel HUGE. The replaceable grip panels can be had that really reduce the circumference over the wrap-arounds.

Same with Sig.

The full-sized Glock frames feel big and chunky to me. Their "compact" size (the G19 in the 9mm realm) is just about "perfect"

But, I have decently large hands and don't have any troubles handing a 92 or a Sig 229 with the wrap arounds installed.

What type of "action" do you want in the pistol?

Double action only? Single action only? Double/Single? Combination? Decocker?

I think the list you've started out with can be broken down into 2 categories so it's difficult to compare all three of your above firearms. I'd rather compare the Sig and Beretta to one another than I would either of them as compared to a Glock.

Top Bottom