Benchmade just stepped in it with both feet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Truth.

Look at how much variation there is in perspective on the second amendment even between various nationwide "pro gun" organizations. Heck, they're not even all on the same side.

I don't remember where I heard it but this rings true. (It might have been on that Gun Talk episode): gun people are generally knife people but knife people are not generally gun people.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't remember where I heard it but this rings true. (It might have been on that Gun Talk episode): gun people are generally knife people but knife people are not generally gun people.

Been trying to bring this perspective to the conversation all along. If you think some states gun laws are crazy, check out their knife laws. Many normal folks routine carry knife is a multiple felony situation in several states...

MM

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Nobody has seen such order.

So what? My point is not about the existence of an order. It is about Benchmade's participation, and my point stands in regard to Benchmade either way: whether the PD was ordered to destroy them or not, the order was not given to Benchmade. They voluntarily participated.

Destroying guns promotes the idea that "the guns are the problem." Benchmade has, by their actions, promoted that idea, whether they understood it at the time or not.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If it was some no name metal shop we wouldn't know or have this conversation. I think benchmade knew what kind of attention this would bring.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

Seems to me that many 'knife people' fail to realize what many 'gun people' instinctively know - we are all in this together. Others have said similar in previous comments in this thread, but it bears repeating. Anyone who believes that their right to carry a knife is unrelated to or unaffected by legislation/public sentiment about firearms isn't paying attention.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I kinda still want a Bugout. If they make a larger sized (like a 3.75-4.25 inch blade) version with the same thin stock, it will be tough to resist, no matter how stupid some of the people running the company are.

I am weak and disloyal to The Cause.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    IMO Benchmade has always built quality knives and offered interesting designs (mostly ones they simply bought the rights to) but they have always been WAY overpriced for what they are. Good riddance. I have a suspicion that when the cops knocked on Benchmade's door with the guns they wanted to chop (on film) that nobody upstairs even knew it was happening. They sure as hell know now...... It was a STUPID move.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Cold Steel? Make the fatman rich? Not with my money. The fatman is a jerk and I won't fund him. Boker works for me just fine, even auto Bokers are good.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I agree, not a fan of LT!

He reminds me of Mark Larue. They may not be your style. They're loud, obnoxious, and in your face. But they are 110% not ****ing around when it comes to supporting the 2A. They also make solid products that back up their words.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    They support if now but should public opinion waver on that support the Fat man will certainly change his mind too because he loves his money. As a person who is in a certain power, meaning has money, he will always have his own guns...the rest of us are not his concern.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The judge ordered the police department to destroy the guns. He didn't order Benchmade to do it. They could have said, "we won't participate."

Destroying guns promotes the idea that "the guns are the problem." Benchmade has, by their actions, promoted that idea, whether they understood it at the time or not.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The same "care" taken for the destruction wouldn't happen when a hammer was used in a crime or probably a knife for that matter.

1p74ap.jpg

gUnS aRe BaD!!!

Top Bottom