11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Im guessing thats because lefties are such awful, miserable people, that if they're forced to be cooped up together, they annoy each other to such a degree as to prevent procreation.
    Plus they keep bending over half the men trying to get them pregnant and can't figure out why it isn't working.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Conservatives:
    Her: Well, the idiots locked everything down. Can't go to work. Can't go anywhere. Guess we're stuck in the house. Kids are asleep. Might as well ****.
    Him: Okay.

Progressives:
    Zer: We better sleep in separate rooms so that we don't infect each other even though we haven't been anywhere that we could be infected, and we haven't had any symptoms. We could catch it just by thinking about it.
    Zim: Uh. I mean. I guess, but can't we...can't you just pull that mask down a bit so I can--
    Zer: WHAT? NO! You better move to the basement.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Obviously, a woman of science.

If we don’t insist the next president rips this poison out of our government-medical establishment, this all will happen again. Will the next president cave in again? Will s/he appointment dolts like this one or the last bunch to office? These are questions that must be asked. We must demand answers.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I hit a paywall on this one.

Scientists in Wuhan working alongside the Chinese military were combining the world's most deadly coronaviruses to create a new mutant virus just as the pandemic began.
    Investigators who scrutinised top-secret intercepted communications and scientific research believe Chinese scientists were running a covert project of dangerous experiments, which caused a leak from the Wuhan Institute of Virology and started the Covid-19 outbreak.

The US investigators say one of the reasons there is no published information on the work is because it was done in collaboration with researchers from the Chinese military, which was funding it and which, they say, was pursuing bioweapons.

The investigators' report was published in early 2021. It made two assertions: that Wuhan scientists were conducting experiments on RaTG13 from the Moijang mine, and that covert military research, including laboratory animal experiments, was being done at the institute before the pandemic. But the published report was brief — just 700 words — and was stripped of all sourcing and detail because so much of it was confidential.

The Sunday Times has spoken to three members of the team. The intelligence they saw suggests the types of risky experiments undertaken on the Shitou cave Sars viruses were also conducted in secret on RaTG13 and the other Covid-19-like viruses from the mine.
    "They were working with the nine different Covid variants," one of the investigators said.

They believe one virus at the Wuhan institute was an even closer match to Covid-19 than RaTG13. "We are confident they were working on a closer unpublished variant — possibly collected in Mojiang," the source added.
    The investigators spoke to two researchers working at a US laboratory who were collaborating with the Wuhan institute at the time of the outbreak. They said the Wuhan scientists had inserted furin cleavage sites into viruses in 2019 in exactly the way proposed in Daszak's failed funding application to Darpa.
    The investigators also saw evidence that the institute was conducting "serial passaging" experiments on at least one of the mine viruses. This is a process in which lab animals are infected with viruses and monitored to see which strain is harmful to their health. The most damaging strain is selected for repeat experiments to encourage the pathogens to mutate into something more deadly.

The investigators spoke to a Wuhan institute insider who alleged serial passaging experiments were being carried out on RaTG13. "Humanised mice with the serial passaging is a toxic combination," said a source. "It speeds up the natural mutation process. So instead of taking years to mutate, it can take weeks or months. It guarantees that you accelerate the natural process."

Dr Steven Quay, a US scientist who advised the State Department on its investigation, believes the Wuhan institute's secrecy about the mine virus never made sense. "There has never been an example of a bat virus directly infecting humans and killing," he said. Sars was a bat virus that infected people via an intermediary animal. "If those miners died from a bat virus, that was the first time in the history of human science that that happened. And the Chinese didn't publish it," he added. The investigators think Daszak was kept in the dark about this part of the work.

Quay believes Covid-19 was created by inserting a furin cleavage site into one of the mine viruses and then serial passaging it through humanised mice. He submitted a statement to the US Senate explaining the process. "You infect the mice, wait a week or so, and then recover the virus from the sickest mice. Then you repeat. In a matter of weeks this directed evolution will produce a virus that can kill every humanised mouse." This explains why from the beginning of the outbreak, he says, the pandemic virus was so remarkably well adapted to infect humans.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Article above on the blaze.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Dang even I didn't think it would actually turn out to be bioweapon programs.

Peter Daszak lied about how dangerous their new pathogens were and it sounds like we got incredibly lucky that the worst versions they were working on didn't leak.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018