Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What are the positive benefits of being a test tube? 47% of those hospitalized with Covid-19 have been vaccinated. That is in the news. What is the positive about that? Over 6000 deaths and over 600,000 people have had severe reactions to this vaccine that we are told so far. So what is the positive benefits? They still want you to wear a mask also.
    This is an unserious response that belies a complete lack of interest in an honest assessment of benefit vs harm.

And, again, if you're merely reporting VAERS numbers, you are misrepresenting what those numbers mean. VAERS is nothing more than a reporting database. Anyone can report anything, and it goes in the database. There is no follow-up; nothing that establishes actual causality between the vaccine and the reported, adverse event.

Are there adverse events associated with this vaccine? Certainly. Is the vaccine the cause of some of those adverse events? Certainly. How do I know? Because that is true of literally every medicine and vaccine on the market. Every drug product results in adverse events in the field, up to and including death.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    VAERS does not establish causality. It is merely a reporting database. So, there may be 12K reported deaths in VAERS, but those reports do not prove that the reported deaths were caused by the vaccine.
    I understand this but it's also true that reporting to VAERS is estimated to be under 5%, so that number could be way higher. Either way vaccines have been recalled for way smaller numbers. Heck they should be recalled just for the blood clots, heart inflammation, and miscarriages. Dont even need to worry about all the deaths let alone how this will affect people 2, 3, or even 10 years down the road.

You want the jab, great, your choice. My choice is to stay as far away from it as possible

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The number from VAERS is closer to 12k deaths and that number is low.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this

Did anyone watch the 60 minutes video from back in the Ford presidency? If you didn't you should, the reporting on vaccine deaths was so different than now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is an unserious response that belies a complete lack of interest in an honest assessment of benefit vs harm.

And, again, if you're merely reporting VAERS numbers, you are misrepresenting what those numbers mean. VAERS is nothing more than a reporting database. Anyone can report anything, and it goes in the database. There is no follow-up; nothing that establishes actual causality between the vaccine and the reported, adverse event.

Are there adverse events associated with this vaccine? Certainly. Is the vaccine the cause of some of those adverse events? Certainly. How do I know? Because that is true of literally every medicine and vaccine on the market. Every drug product results in adverse events in the field, up to and including death.
    You are totally wrong with your assumptions about my interest about these vaccines. My father got it and I am worried about his health now because he was very healthy before the vaccine, and he seems to be catching things he hasn't in the past since he got the vaccine.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm kind of surprised that anyone really believes they have honest, reliable data to use to assess the risks and benefits

I am aware of very little data that doesn't seem to have been ... 'massaged', shall we say, in order to shape the data to fit a viewpoint. So it kind of seems like it needs to be a best guess about risk/reward calculated by each individual for themselves

The whole 'shame on you for risking others' thing still isn't going to work, though

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I understand this but it's also true that reporting to VAERS is estimated to be under 5%, so that number could be way higher. Either way vaccines have been recalled for way smaller numbers. Heck they should be recalled just for the blood clots, heart inflammation, and miscarriages. Dont even need to worry about all the deaths let alone how this will affect people 2, 3, or even 10 years down the road.

You want the jab, great, your choice. My choice is to stay as far away from it as possible
    At least we have common ground on this point. I am 100% in favor of adults having the freedom and responsibility to make informed decisions about their own health.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You are totally wrong with your assumptions about my interest about these vaccines. My father got it and I am worried about his health now because he was very healthy before the vaccine, and he seems to be catching things he hasn't in the past since he got the vaccine.
    I hope your father recovers his prior state of health and vitality. My father didn't get the vaccine, but did get Covid. It wiped him out so much that it aged him about 10 years. But at the end of the day, your experience and my experience is merely anecdote. The plural of anecdote is not "data".

And data: therein lies my problem. I see data being used, misused, and abused, by all sides, to further sociopolitical views and to score points for or against particular sociopolitical positions. Real human lives are at stake, and I oppose playing political games with human lives - regardless of which side is engaging in them.

In the end, there is truth - and the truth has no agenda. My bias is toward understanding that truth, regardless of its ramifications. And with the vaccine - as with the pandemic as a whole - the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would proffer an alternate hypothesis, that virtually all influenza illness and death were attributed to WuVid and that resulted in the precipitous drop in influenza numbers

They point out that WuVid is transmitted similarly to influenza, but then jump to the viewpoint that those measures (masking, social distancing) are responsible for the near eradication of influenza while taking no regard of the evidence that those measures are NOT preventing the transmission of WuVid (at least according to the narrative)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I would proffer an alternate hypothesis, that virtually all influenza illness and death were attributed to WuVid and that resulted in the precipitous drop in influenza numbers

They point out that WuVid is transmitted similarly to influenza, but then jump to the viewpoint that those measures (masking, social distancing) are responsible for the near eradication of influenza while taking no regard of the evidence that those measures are NOT preventing the transmission of WuVid (at least according to the narrative)
    I don't disagree but there is also a difference in transmissivity between the viruses with the flu being easier to stop using those measures.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't disagree but there is also a difference in transmissivity between the viruses with the flu being easier to stop using those measures.
    After which I would point out that widespread masking in Japan has never resulted in the virtual eradication of influenza. A possible explanation is that social distancing is harder to maintain and lack of it more of a case driver, but then I would question the conclusion that masking is still of importance

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    After which I would point out that widespread masking in Japan has never resulted in the virtual eradication of influenza. A possible explanation is that social distancing is harder to maintain and lack of it more of a case driver, but then I would question the conclusion that masking is still of importance
    Actually I was thinking more of the physical distancing. I believe that is much more effective than the whole phony masking thing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The covid apologists have been defending it for a year they are way too emotionally invested to let it go now.
    Do you not realize there's a counter to that? There's a lot of emotional investments of both sides.

It's certainly possible to be smug about not getting vaccinated.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom