• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Just an extreme thought, but what if the son decides to take a lustful eye at you or your daughter? What if he acted on it?
    Biggest fear.

To answer your question...He'd be shot. Period. I wouldn't have another choice. If I could stop him from moving here, would. Fact is, I cant. Not happy about it. Where ever my daughter is, I am. She doesn't play outside alone, I'm always with her.
    Can his son even move in as long as your freind has guns in the house?
    As long s they are "Out of his reach", yes.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Well if his parole office knows about the guns ahead of time maybe he could influence another place of residence?
    I don't know his parole office. At this Point, I don't know what state he is in as he was released from indiana to serve out another charge in another state. I'm in the midst of figuring all this out....now.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    BINGO! (If I had rep, you'd get it. I'll get ya later).

What it's saying is he was scentenced to 50 years. He was convicted of Murder in 87. Before that he was in prison for rape in another state (this is what he father said), The murder charge was when he was on parole. It was Deleware County Indiana that he was charged.
    It says his predicted release was FEB 09?? What does that mean?
    And under facility/location it says Discharge!? What does that mean?
    Any wayI can see what prison he was shipped too without having to look at his mail when I take it there? I hate doing that as it really isn't any of my business. If I can't figure it out on my own, I don't needto know.

We have been planning on moving for 6 months or so. Long before I heard the "news"..but this makes me more interested in moving, I must say. My friend isn't going to live much longer, it's a sad but true statement. It would shock me if he makes it to Spring, but I sure hope he does.

I'm going to talk to him. I've thought about it all day and I think what you (and others) are saying is right. I've decided I'm not going to not visit him while he's still here but I'm also not going to be super friendly to his son. I'm not going to be taking my daughter there and will explain this to my friend. We will figure something out for their visits as I know it would break both of their hearts to not see each other. I will train myself to keep my guard up around my friend and I will start this new train of thought now to try and perfect it now, while I have time.

This situation is a crappy one, for sure. But I hav no doubt I can pull it off. Just gotta keep this mindset.
    Thanks for the prayers and thoughts everyone. I'll let ya'll know what it's like when he's out. :rolleyes:

it's also illegal to open, read, or possess mail intended for someone else, so there's that. talked to the old man about it yet?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    it's also illegal to open, read, or possess mail intended for someone else, so there's that. talked to the old man about it yet?
    Of course it is. I take him his mail everyday (almost, depends if someone else gets it first). I don't open it. I don't read it. And as far as Possessing it, I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind I have it in my hands for the minute it takes to walk it to his door. ;)
    No, He has company. Maybe later tonight or in the morning.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Not trying to be harsh so please don't take it that way but people come and go and your family is not replacable. You mentioned thoughts of moving before the info on the guy. For you and your family's safety and going by your posts, you should seriously consider this.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Biggest fear.

To answer your question...He'd be shot. Period. I wouldn't have another choice. If I could stop him from moving here, would. Fact is, I cant. Not happy about it. Where ever my daughter is, I am. She doesn't play outside alone, I'm always with her.
    As long s they are "Out of his reach", yes.

I should have read more carefully. Just sayin:ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom