• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It was specifically worded as exempt. They should have to amend the law instead of this "reinterpreting" bull**** that allows no recourse for veto or voting. This is a total perversion of the justice system and our democracy.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It doesn't effect me much BUT I am totally opposed to this crap. Obama acts like he was a King. He does a lot without any sort of Congressional Approval and by fiat like he was some sort of sovereign. The reality is that he shold be impeached. I would say that if any of this stuff was looked at clearly it would prove against the law and grounds for impeachment. Imagine if Bush had done this stuff, how soon would the hearing be started and how bad would the media have cried foul? MAKES ME SICK! :nono:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :facepalm:

Who comes up with this ****?
    Is this like the cop killer bullets from Lethal Weapon?
    Also, I have a stack of 200rd battle packs available....... will trade for late model Corvette.

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I implore each and every person on this forum to please send a comment to: APAComments@atf.gov in regards to 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(C).

Don't just complain about the over reach of government on this forum, tell them that this is unacceptable.

Most of us probably don't even use M855/SS109 ammo, I have on occasion and it's fun with some car steal. But this is a clear case of government pushing gun restrictions without even voting on it. Not only that, but this can very easily fall into the 'slippery slope' situation. If they want to redefine M855 ammo as armor piercing because it can be used in an AR pistol, then what about every rifle caliber that fits in a pistol? Standard 223/556 ball ammo will go through Kevlar just as easily as a steel core, so does that make it armor piercing as well?

This has the same flavor as the talks not so long ago of wanting to classify Semi-autos in the same category as suppressors and SBRs and require a tax stamp in the very least.

Again, please let yourselves be heard not just on the forum, but on the doorsteps of the tyrants. I hate to think we're going to go out in a whimper instead of a thunderous war cry.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Most of us probably don't even use M855/SS109 ammo, I have on occasion and it's fun with some car steal. But this is a clear case of government pushing gun restrictions without even voting on it. Not only that, but this can very easily fall into the 'slippery slope' situation. If they want to redefine M855 ammo as armor piercing because it can be used in an AR pistol, then what about every rifle caliber that fits in a pistol? Standard 223/556 ball ammo will go through Kevlar just as easily as a steel core, so does that make it armor piercing as well?

Shhh!

They'll come up with a ruling that pistol AR's can only be pistol calibers. :shady:

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    Myself, I never used M855 ammo before and probably never would have. I am going to wait and see if this administration decides to ban another type of ammo before being concerned. I do not support this decision whatsoever, I just refuse to get into the buying hype (gotta love supply and demand in capitalism, LOL!). This president just LOVES to sign EO's because that's all he can do. If he's a bad leader, what's the next one going to be like?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I implore each and every person on this forum to please send a comment to: APAComments@atf.gov in regards to 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(C).

Don't just complain about the over reach of government on this forum, tell them that this is unacceptable.

This has the same flavor as the talks not so long ago of wanting to classify Semi-autos in the same category as suppressors and SBRs and require a tax stamp in the very least.

Again, please let yourselves be heard not just on the forum, but on the doorsteps of the tyrants. I hate to think we're going to go out in a whimper instead of a thunderous war cry.

I sent something, but since those fools are not elected. They probably won't listen to us.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I realize there are way more important concerns with this thing as many have stated above, but anyone care to place a bet on how long it'll take CTD to start gouging again?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hate this attitude people get, that "it doesn't effect me, so, meh. The government can infringe on everyone but me." I think m855 is crap, Ive used enough in the Army, so it doesn't have a novelty to me, and the studies have born out it doesn't defeat barriers all that well, and it has lousy terminal ballistics. But if the BATFE decided to ban low brass 2 3/4 12 ga shells, would it be ok if I didn't care? I don't shoot trap or skeet, and I don't do any bird hunting. So it doesn't effect me. The point is, these pricks arbitrarily run rough shod over our sport, just to keep themselves awake after lunch on a Tuesday. In no universe am I ok with that, even though I could care less about m855.

I only hunt with a single-shot break open rifle, so none of this AR stuff concerns me...

I only use a slingshot so banning all guns won't affect me.

I think the poem from Pastor Niemoller applies here :-(

We only care about rights that directly affect us. It's the INGO way. Grown ass men plan ahead for these sorts of things. I don't shoot M855 so I'm not worried about it and won't work to change this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    sgcEocr.gif

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What weirds me out is they asked for Public comment. Like they know they can't do it, but just want to start a panic. Or are keeping our attention elsewhere while they do something else.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    BATFE needs to be done away with. When government agencies stop trusting the public, it is time to stop trusting government agencies!

Top Bottom