• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    So what guns were people running in the class and how did they do. I take it a Kel-Tec didn't do so well.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The Glocks all seemed to run fine. I had a couple of issues I had not encountered before with my 19 so it was good practice to get back in the fight. I think I just need to lube the gun. The HK ran. The Kel-Tec wouldn't do anything and then got some oil. Did the Khar run fine?

One thing that was interesting to notice in the classroom was the huge trigger resets on the Khar and KelTec. With the Glocks and HK you could get a crisp reset. Not so on the Khar or KelTec. IMHO

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I hadn't realized just how short the trigger reset on the USP Tactical was until the drills in class. maybe 1/8" or so? Very short reset, very crisp break.

The Khar seemed to run most of the time. I think there were a few failure to feed issues, that may have been operator related, or pistol related. Tough to tell since I wasn't the one shooting it.

My single Stoppage in the HK was during the first Off Hand Only drill. After the second shot I had a round stuck in the mag, pointed straight up. I suspect I limp wristed that shot, causing the failure. Dropped the mag, Cycled the slide, inserted a clean mag, cycled a round in, and continued.

The next 150-200 rounds were uneventful..... like it should be. :rockwoot:

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    We are looking at hosting our next class on Saturday May 10th. With our first class under our belt, there will be a few things added to the next class.

Thanks,
    Matt

Top Bottom