• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm going to make this class. I got the info in the mail the other day. Who do I make the check for $60 out to? PD Training LLP ? And do I send the check with the release?

Could use more people to fill up this class. You will get your money worth, if you enjoy shooting. Also open to shooting long guns or other guns once the class is over. We can take the range back to about 100 yards.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I will get the address for a mapquest. We will be starting at 9 AM with cop candy (donuts) and class room training.

We also have several first time female shooters in the class, so dont be scared to get out and get involved.

Last edited:

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Class is this Saturday at 9 AM rain or shine.

The range is located at SR 38 and County Road 325 West (New Castle). There is a gray FOP sign at the intersection and you go South on the County Road and the lodge and range is on the westside.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Class is this Saturday at 9 AM rain or shine.

The range and lodge or loacted south of the intersection of SR 38 and CR 325 W (New Castle) There is a large gray sign at the intersection. The lodge and range are on the westside of CR 325 W.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I spaced on sending my registration out. Let me know if this is still open and I'll show up tomorrow with the registration and check. If not I 'll try and catch the next one.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Yes, if you which at attend the class. Show up in the morning and I will extra forms for anyone to fill out. I can be reached at 765-545-0327 tonight and in the morning if anyone has any questions.

Matt

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Thanks to everyone that came today. I couldn't have asked for a best class for our first time. Thanks again everyone, and I enjoy training with you.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks for putting on the class Matt. It was great to meet you and Lars and get the chance to shoot with Shay again. I'll try to put an AAR together in a bit.

After class Matt, Lars, Shay and I hit the range again with rifles. 3 ARs and my AK74. First time I had a chance to shoot a 9mm AR on 3 round bust. :do2: (Thanks Matt!)

PS: Don't buy a Kel Tec :n00b:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    PS: Don't buy a Kel Tec :n00b:

My understanding is that when I upgrade to a 9mm, I'm restricted to HK, Sig, or Glock...

And I've heard nothing but great things about the class, despite the rainy weather. I'm really envious I wasn't able to go. :( So thank you from me for helping Lars enjoy it so much. Now I'm really looking forward to the class I'm taking in two weeks! :)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    We're going to get copies of all the photos your partner took right Matt? ;)

Also, thank you for putting on the class. It was great to meet everyone.
    Clearly I need to do a lot more dry firing, Wall drills, draw -> holster drills.

In general, I stink and need practice ;)

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Sounds like a good time was had by all! I'd like more details on the class if someone cares to post their thoughts.

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    Thanks to everyone that came today. I couldn't have asked for a best class for our first time. Thanks again everyone, and I enjoy training with you.
    Matt,
    You two men are providing a needed service to the local gun communnity! It's somewhat difficult for the general public to participate in classes of this nature locally! I for one thank you for your time, knowledge, and skills. I came away with alot more than I started with!!!:cheers::thumbsup:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    AAR - Basic Firearms and Marksmanship Training

Please feel free to chime in and add to this report. I'm sure I have missed some things or put them in the wrong order. Also when I'm on the range I tend to forget distances and other details afterwards.
    • General Discussion about owning and carrying a handgun in Indiana. Experiences from LEO point of view, Comments and questions from students, Legal Ramifications of using deadly force. What to expect if you have been in a gun fight after the fight. (your mental state and the state of the first responders) What to say and what not to say to the people on the scene.
    • Gun Handling Safety Rules
    • Operation of semi automatic vs revolver
    • Dry Fire practice, trigger reset, sight picture and alignment, stance, drawing from the holster, two hand, strong hand, weak hand, tap rack bang, re-holster with out looking.
    • Brief discussion regarding gun mags, shops, and internet forums :)
    LUNCH Taco Bell
    • Back in the classroom - Review of basic firearms rules, unloading on the range, discussion on mindset - You are not carrying a gun for the looks of it. You are carrying to defend yourself and loved ones and be ready to use it. If you are ever hit or hurt don't ever give up. Keep fighting.
    Range Time

• Range time was putting into practice everything we did dry firing in the class room but with live fire on the range. Drawing from the holster and shooting two hand, strong hand, weak hand. We also set up our pistols so they wouldn't go bang out of the holster to practice "tap, rack, bang" We worked from a variety of distances. Up close to pretty far back. I forget exact distances so someone can chime in on that. The earlier parts of live fire we were shooting for center mass and at our own pace that allowed us to work on our sights and trigger control. Towards the end we were doing 2 shots center mass, 2 head shots up to "fighting for your life speed". Final exercise was a slightly modified police qualifying course. I used up all of my 200 rounds
    • Back to the classroom for discussion regarding the importance of cleaning your gun and magazines
    End of Class - Rifle Time on the Range.

Top Bottom