• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Christmas is just over 24 hours away. Tree is up, shopping is done, kid is ready. I just cannot get into the spirit this year. So with a smile I say to you, Bah! Humbug!

Merry Christmas, INGO! May your travels be safe and love unconditionally.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Until last night I thought the spirit had eluded me as well.
    All smiles today.

Merry Christmas to you "G" man. The very best of the Holidays. Now, remove head from its current location and lets get to this. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not feeling very Christmasy myself. Couldn't get the grandkids together for an early Christmas due to DoggyMama's health issues, and this morning around 4 a.m. got a call that my mom had fallen in her apartment so I spent the morning hospital hopping from Community South for Mom and Simon Cancer Center for DoggyMama. Good news is that Mom didn't break anything and is back home now. DoggyMama is going to be in the hospital until sometime after Christmas. Tree is up, but unlit right now, and presents are wrapped. We will get through it. I hope everyone has a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. And this reminds me... need to go turn on the outdoor lights. :)

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Not feeling very Christmasy myself. Couldn't get the grandkids together for an early Christmas due to DoggyMama's health issues, and this morning around 4 a.m. got a call that my mom had fallen in her apartment so I spent the morning hospital hopping from Community South for Mom and Simon Cancer Center for DoggyMama. Good news is that Mom didn't break anything and is back home now. DoggyMama is going to be in the hospital until sometime after Christmas. Tree is up, but unlit right now, and presents are wrapped. We will get through it. I hope everyone has a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. And this reminds me... need to go turn on the outdoor lights. :)

My prayers are with you DoggyDaddy and DoggyMama. May God provide peace in this difficult time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Lost the spirit several years ago. Commercialization, fake goodwill and many other issues took the fun out of it for me long ago. Now it's just a day off in the middle of the week.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    My wife and I were just talking about this earlier. We can't put our finger on it but something just isn't there this year. We have a new house, great jobs, two beautiful little girls and a bun in the oven. For some reason it just doesn't feel like Christmas this year.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Peace be with you DD, and God's Grace to all within range of this message. Aye.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife and I were just talking about this earlier. We can't put our finger on it but something just isn't there this year. We have a new house, great jobs, two beautiful little girls and a bun in the oven. For some reason it just doesn't feel like Christmas this year.

It is the world around us. Politics/race/Trump hate/24 hours a day 7 days a week. It has drained the fun out of about everything.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is the world around us. Politics/race/Trump hate/24 hours a day 7 days a week. It has drained the fun out of about everything.

Yeah and I think at least for me weather played into it. We really haven't even had much in the way of snow flurries this season. Overall, the Christmas season just flew by this year. Just this weekend I finally started feeling like it really is Christmas time and am now looking forward to our candle light service tomorrow night and ready for our family Christmas dinner. Dads ham and my uncle's smoked brisket and my brother is smoking a ham this year on his new Trager. Also looking forward to being on vacation after tonight

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    A Manheim Steamroller Christmas album and a house full of kids, grandkids, and great grandkids fixed me right up yesterday. Between M Steamroller, Pentatonix, and, For King & Country, Christmas music always helps. However, the gatherings are now over pending breakfast out on Christmas morning. I'm not telling which restaurant is open, though. It's crowded enough already! ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A Manheim Steamroller Christmas album and a house full of kids, grandkids, and great grandkids fixed me right up yesterday. Between M Steamroller, Pentatonix, and, For King & Country, Christmas music always helps. However, the gatherings are now over pending breakfast out on Christmas morning. I'm not telling which restaurant is open, though. It's crowded enough already! ;)
    Doesn't look that crowded... :)

hqdefault.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man I suck. We have all of the Manhiem Christmas music and I have yet to put it on. I will fix that right now.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I lost the Christmas spirit Dec 25, 1983. The day our daughter died. I don't mourn the loss of Jennifer so much anymore but the loss of the Christmas spirit. I can't get around it.

Top Bottom