• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The best thing about today? No more christmas songs at work. :)

I work for a religious based organization and we always had Christmas music playing over the intercom during the season. Several years ago they stopped playing it so I asked about it one day and it seems somebody had complained about it. This was maybe ten years ago and looking back was a warning sign of the stupidity to come I guess.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I haven't really enjoyed Christmas since I became an adult quite some time ago. I'm 40, my only sibling is 44, mom and dad are in their '70s and neither my sister or I have kids and likely aren't going to. I keep lobbying to just get together and have a nice meal and just hang out, but every year it's this huge production with all of the lights and the tree and the presents (we're all adults, we can buy our own things), and on and on... and basically no one is happy about any of it. Mom and Dad are at each other's throats, my sister drives in from the east coast o see her friends and inconveniences herself with eventually getting to the family stuff (and it shows... she's religiously 3 or 4 hours late on Christmas and skips entire days of her visit every year), and I just try to bite my tongue as much as possible since no one wants to hear it. We're all just exhausted and annoyed by the time it's all over.

It's horrible to say, and I mean this only in regard to the exact topic at hand, but I actually look forward to the years after Mom and Dad are gone so this can all stop.

So, I hope you guys all enjoyed yours, but I'd be happy to do ours a different way or not at all. The joy of it being over is about all I get out of it anymore.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    We had to put off 'Christmas ' until the 28th. That sorta got dad down. Just us two old bachelors for Christmas day. The baby called, somewhere on her travels. Ex Wifey had to work, as usual. And had to work today, too. She says she's up to 30 hrs of comp time now. That's actually pretty low for her.
    My lady friend and I texted back and forth, and talked a little. She was busy with her family, and loving life.

On the way home the eldest called to say they'd just arrived at her F.I.L.'s house (on the way) and asked if I'd like to stop by and see my youngest grandson. That really made my day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't really enjoyed Christmas since I became an adult quite some time ago. I'm 40, my only sibling is 44, mom and dad are in their '70s and neither my sister or I have kids and likely aren't going to. I keep lobbying to just get together and have a nice meal and just hang out, but every year it's this huge production with all of the lights and the tree and the presents (we're all adults, we can buy our own things), and on and on... and basically no one is happy about any of it. Mom and Dad are at each other's throats, my sister drives in from the east coast o see her friends and inconveniences herself with eventually getting to the family stuff (and it shows... she's religiously 3 or 4 hours late on Christmas and skips entire days of her visit every year), and I just try to bite my tongue as much as possible since no one wants to hear it. We're all just exhausted and annoyed by the time it's all over.

It's horrible to say, and I mean this only in regard to the exact topic at hand, but I actually look forward to the years after Mom and Dad are gone so this can all stop.

So, I hope you guys all enjoyed yours, but I'd be happy to do ours a different way or not at all. The joy of it being over is about all I get out of it anymore.

When my parents were alive this was the same situation until on Christmas eve the same sister that was always late and mouthy to the point of ruining it for everyone showed hours late and got into it with the other sibs. That was it for me. Done.

The spouses family is just a joy to be around. We spend the 25th with them and look forward to it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I had a great Christmas. Now, my best Christmas ever was 2 years ago. But this one was awesome. Especially since my oldest son is 2, and was able to get excited about opening presents and playing with his new toys.

The bad part, is trying to find a place to keep all the new stuff in my small house. Its so cramped right now.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Ours was a mixed bag. I'm always a bit sad about my grandparents, dad and my god-mom/aunt being gone. The holidays exhaust me, and i didn't even decorate this year. Some relatives couldn't be with us this year due to illness. My 2 young granddaughters made me feel very blessed, though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had a great Christmas. Now, my best Christmas ever was 2 years ago. But this one was awesome. Especially since my oldest son is 2, and was able to get excited about opening presents and playing with his new toys.

The bad part, is trying to find a place to keep all the new stuff in my small house. Its so cramped right now.

That's a magical time. This was our youngest granddaughter at Christmas when she was two. It's also the background on my work computer. Helps when I'm having a bad day. :)

yLwZxoQ.jpg

And another one... just because. :):

N7W6QVC.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a magical time. This was our youngest granddaughter at Christmas when she was two. It's also the background on my work computer. Helps when I'm having a bad day. :)

yLwZxoQ.jpg

And another one... just because. :):

N7W6QVC.jpg

That is priceless. It makes me smile and i am sure it fills your heart.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What's the catch phrase when you think New Year's Eve sucks ... flame on ...

Yep, we don't have extended family in Indiana (just us and our 2 kids that were born here after we moved), and I'm not interested in drinking or hanging out with people in general, let alone those who are really interested in drinking much, so yeah, New Year's Eve has never been my thing. My wife has insisted on having people over many years past, but not so much lately.

Never was raised around many social gatherings as a kid, and we moved to IN about 24 years ago with no family around, so I'm just not generally social gatherings much. My wife on the other hand loves it, and always wants to host, etc.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep, we don't have extended family in Indiana (just us and our 2 kids that were born here after we moved), and I'm not interested in drinking or hanging out with people in general, let alone those who are really interested in drinking much, so yeah, New Year's Eve has never been my thing. My wife has insisted on having people over many years past, but not so much lately.

Never was raised around many social gatherings as a kid, and we moved to IN about 24 years ago with no family around, so I'm just not generally social gatherings much. My wife on the other hand loves it, and always wants to host, etc.

Even though I was born and raised here, drinking and acting like a fool has never been my thing. I mean, I probably only have and a half dozen adult beverages in a years time. That's why we usually go to a little family gathering, watch a bowl game, eat some tailgate type food and as soon as the majority of gunfire stops we head home (about a block away). Party animals here, I tell ya lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

We host a quiet evening. 88GT and her kids come by (we live walking distance and her and my wife hang out regularly) and we sit around drinking, stuffing our faces with snacks, and playing board/card games. Its awesome.

We'd invite more families, but everyone else we know does the same thing. (hang with neighbors so you dont have to D&D)

Top Bottom