• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Not sure where to put this. So here it goes.
    There is an auction Saturday July 25 at 1187 Greasy Creek Rd. Nashville, In 47448 at 10:00am.
    for the lead whores, there is quite a bit of Linotype , as it has been described to me. Old print.
    For the outdoors folks, there are two walk in coolers.
    For anybody else there seems to be a lot of old stuff.

If this needs moved, please feel free to do so.

i have no interest in this. It is located near me. Just thought I would share.
    no online listing

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    idk how much lead is there, and linotype is very soft,so most people mix something in with it when they melt it, i had about 50#'s we gave to another employee when we stopped using type, he was going to cast fishing sinkers with it!

now the money in the pic is this is in the drawers!

Item Up For Bidding At Auction - Historic Auction of Brown County in Nashville, In

a california job case(bigger one) or new york job case(smaller one) should sell for about 50 bucks each! i see 30, and the stack at the back might be even more

people will hang them on a wall, and put nick nacks in them!

some idiot knocked out all the partitions on ours, so they were just drawers and worth nothing!, the former manager had one he bought at a flea market and paid 30 for it (15 years ago) i saw one not to long ago for 45!

and they are getting harder and harder to find, that type of printing has gone the way of the dodo!, i only know of one shop that uses lead anymore, and most of what they do, is recast after every time the use it

i'd like to find a new york case to hang on the wall in my office

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    :) my grandpa owned a linotype shop back in the old days (depression era) and we had a print shop here near me that still ran one up to a few years ago. I always thought linotype was pretty hard already, but I haven't got into casting yet, so I don't know how it compares. Man, a couple of those butcher blocks would make good bench tops, but my trailer isn't ready and that's just too far for me right now :(

Top Bottom